Gravity

I know it's a long shot but has anyone ever used Humboldt Countys Own, Gravity? It's supposed to be a flower hardener. From what I could find on search, the stuff works but is too strong, and it adds alot of weight supposedly makes an ounce look like a half.

All they admit to on the label is kelp and B1 listed under non plant food ingredients (?)

I'm going to keep looking because I really want to know what's in this stuff. Another product they make, Bushmaster slows vertical growth, but it does it with "anti hormones" wassat? :bongon:

Well anything will help. I want to give the stuff a try, but not knowing what's in it creeps me a little. :chef:

hey there granny

these flower additive of which you speak are all over the place the 3 most popular in Aust are rock juice, superbud and budmiester what they do basicly is stop or slow internodel stretch so when you flip to 12/12 ya plants dont go into over drive and get up near the lights

they also add alot of weight to ya yeilds but never the amount your thinking of, i have used rock juice a few times in the past and can say that yeild wise its great stuff my oz's look like 3/4 oz the nuggets are dence and feel very hard but at while you are increasing your weight you are decreasing your trichs and flavour as well so be careful

it really depends on what ya doing with your weed what you usually find is big commy growers using these PGR's as they dont really care about the flavour or trich production on there plant they just care about the $$$$ and the weight

to be totally honest i have seen better results with someone using superbud but i am not using rock juice anymore as i have grown strains without it and have been blown away at the differance it actually makes yes my buds maybe less weighty but with a tinker here and a tinker there then that can but sorted

the only time i would use these products again is if i was stupid and for some reason didnt leave enough head height for the plants as the rock juice pretty much stops stretch in its tracks

hope this helps

cheerz

Thank You Stoney!

I got the stuff mainly for the outdoor girls to try to keep them lower.

In the High Times ad they claim that Bushmaster I think is supposed to create baseball size and shape colas! It did seem to slow vertical growth some, but I've also been training the plants. As for baseballs, well they're getting near to starting flower so I guess we shall see. I think I'll keep this stuff for just the outdoor plants, Maybe try it on one of my mini roses and see what happens!

Granny,

I have been using gravity for a year...I am an organic farmer so using gravity was a big decision for me. I wasn't gonna use a non organic program. As it turns out I have found many chemically processed products that do what Gravity claimed but I had other organic outdoor growers tell me they use gravity and love it....So I tried it. As I said I've been using it for the last year,.(through the label changes and reformulation!). I continue to use the product and get 1/1 ratio of one ounce per gallon of soil of hard delicious bud.Grant it that I use 400w lights so I'm using six gallons of soil and get six oz of finished product, I've read I should get ten oz.'s for a 400w light. so I'm not maximizing my potential, but six oz.'s per plant is still a lot a work for me so I'm happy! And the trich and potency thing...well I would suggest a little MH light during the end of ripening to increase your potency...thats Ed Rosenthal's suggestion not mine.....good luck

oh...i was getting about .75 oz per gallon before...so it wasnt massive but very appreciable

post-15417-1205697217_thumb.jpg

:greedy: So HAPPY !!! As it turns out of everything that they stole when I was raided, they just left the gravity and bushmaster! So I had my daughter send it to SoCal, and planned to use it in the new grow!

Good to hear the stuff is ok. I'm going to be running a 600w HPS so I think I'll use it on one plant to see if there's a difference.

I have seedlings and plan to sort them for sex then keep the best girl as a mother along with the 3 clones I found at the clubs. These are all in my soil mix. And I plan to keep my mothers in soil, but flower clones in a perlite run to waste system.

I'm thinking of doing a seed run with the Double Gum seedlings, so if you know anything about the gravity and seed, please let me know.

You have made me a very happy woman! B)

PS...Beautiful girl you grew there! Hey get in those 10 posts and then you can PM me and we can holler back and forth about this stuff!

Granny Pam!

Edited by Pam

I can say that yeild wise its great stuff my oz's look like 3/4 oz the nuggets are dence and feel very hard but at while you are increasing your weight you are decreasing your trichs and flavour as well so be careful

the only time i would use these products again is if i was stupid and for some reason didnt leave enough head height for the plants as the rock juice pretty much stops stretch in its tracks

hope this helps

cheerz

I couldn't agree more Stoney.

I am sick to death of buying buds hit with this anti stretch shit, it's fucking crap!

Whoever the hell thought of using this tomatoe plant designed garbage needs shooting.

Cannabis does not produce rock hard nuggets by itself so why fuck with it?

I can see with my own eyes that the flowers have bugger all trichs at the same time the calyx are burnt brown

PGR's suck B)

Yeah, get alot of those buds, the very brown ones that rattle in your tin like stones and they often have a mild taste and smell too, pretty common, infact the last quater I brought matched the description exactly. They do mull out to a hell of alot more than you'd think. I also find they tend to be harsh to smoke, dunno if thats connected or if they just aren't flushed properly to boot B)

The state of California has one of the strictest set of rules for a product to be certified "organic". Gravity is made in California. All that said, the stuff is made by Hippys. The authentic kind, not "neo hippys". I would bet my stash that if they say the stuff is organic, then it is.

Geez, this thread has been around since last September, and I finally found someone that has used Gravity. I got it because it is from Humbolt county in the Emerald Triangle where all the finest commercial growers live and grow. I guess I will find out when I use it on one pot to compare the yield and smoke.

But I will stop at comparing it to other products that may or may not be similar. I will ask the Dr. at the hydro shop next time I stop over there. He has all kinds of degrees in botany and whatever. If he doesn't know....I don't know who would.