Ceramic or glass i cant decide

Personally Budda i would not go past glass/pyrex.

I find ceramic one doe taste a bit strange after a while even when cleaned.

I would be getting a glass stem piece and cone to with as i did mine.

They to are easy to clean and look trippy to start off with with all the smoke wiafing around inside..

I found the glass cone/stem pieces easyier to clean aswell.

Here's a piccie of mine. You can put ice in the stem for a smoother hit.

Mr White

post-10857-1188861947_thumb.jpg

The one my mate broke the the mouth pice on was only 3 week old at the time and that was xmas time this year, that was his xmas pressy from his g/f.

Awshit, sorry to hear it. Sucks when nice gifts get trashed.

It was the one with the thicker glass in it as the one i had that i broke was thinner stuff...

Must have been a good solid knock to break that thick mouthpiece rim.

Good thing Agungs are reasonably priced.

If I was going to improve their products in any way, I'd replace the anodised aluminum tube with something a bit more resistant to the alkalinity of bongwater. Cellulose ash mixed with water makes lye, as ppl have done for centuries to make soap. Lye strips anodising right off of aluminum, making the Agung tubes look grey and fugly after a couple of months.

I have a connection through a mate with the head of Agung. I've suggested they replace the anodised aluminum with polished copper tubing. Copper is a lot less reactive than aluminum- won't corrode and won't poison the smoker. The response was that copper is much more expensive than aluminum, but they might make copper tubes available as an added accessory in the future.

Personally Budda i would not go past glass/pyrex.

I find ceramic one doe taste a bit strange after a while even when cleaned.

Yep, that's my experience, too. Ceramics are porous and can't be completely cleaned especially if the interior surface of the bong is not glazed.

I would be getting a glass stem piece and cone to with as i did mine.

Glass stem tubes would be better yet than copper in terms of durability but would have the possibility of breakage. If Agung made glass tubes and/or cones available, I'd buy some.

Glass stem tubes would be better yet than copper in terms of durability but would have the possibility of breakage. If Agung made glass tubes and/or cones available, I'd buy some.

They do get a bit hot to handle after a couple of pulls but that is the only down side so far.

Obviously they are going to be easier to break but so far ive broken none and have found them surprisingly durable. Even when thrown in the bottom of the fishing bag. Well side pouch anyway.

The stem/cone piece pictured is my traveller for the orchy bongs and the 1 i replaced it with has a really deep cone piece so you can put your lighter right down into it and the flame be sheltered on windy days.