Ceramic or glass i cant decide

i was in the head shop the other day lookin at a few and i came across a nice ceramic bong it was really comfortable to hold and it had a bowl built into the bong so you didnt lose no weed

i found a pic of something similar to it

http://www.bongshop.com/images/product_images/1916.jpg

or should i get a glass one with an ash catcher?

the designs of the ceramics are way cooler but i like seeing the smoke rise up

Once I get my shit together I have plans to design a bong that has encorporates the slick/funky shapes you get from ceramic, with the clarity and durability you get from glassies.

I dunno how this will work... but someone get me a pottery wheel and a glass blower ;)

personally glass is better... I keep the ceramics for display mostly... they make great vases!! kidding ofc :(

Peace :toke:

Pebbz

Personaly i prefer glass/pyrex they are easier to clean and yeah i like watchin the smoke hehe

a bong like the one above would be a bit of a pain to clean but i guess the aesthetics make up for it

Pure, I'm with you. I think the Agung 32cm 'Chong' bong is the ideal smoking tool.

http://www.bongsnthings.com/shop/images/1152_Chong.gif

Very hard to break, super easy to clean with just a squirt of metho, but most importantly, like you note, you can SEE how much smoke you've drawn into the chamber to keep from coughing up a lung or three. Total bargain at just $37.50.

Pure, I'm with you. I think the Agung 32cm 'Chong' bong is the ideal smoking tool.

http://www.bongsnthings.com/shop/images/1152_Chong.gif

Very hard to break, super easy to clean with just a squirt of metho, but most importantly, like you note, you can SEE how much smoke you've drawn into the chamber to keep from coughing up a lung or three. Total bargain at just $37.50.

I have had one of those bongs and they do brake, mine fell off a bed side table and broke into 4 bits, just about any bong glass/pyrex would after that.

A mate had one and wile cleaning it he knocked the mouth pice on the tap and broke a pice out of it, i was there when it happen and he only just knocked it against the tap for it to brake.

Dont get me wrong they are great bongs as soon as i broke my one i went out and got another, IMO best bongs hands down but can be broken a lil easer than u think...

I have had one of those bongs and they do brake, mine fell off a bed side table and broke into 4 bits, just about any glass/pyrex bong would after that.

Well yeah... I would kinda expect any glass bong to break if knocked off a table, Pyrex or not.

A mate had one and wile cleaning it he knocked the mouth pice on the tap and broke a pice out of it, i was there when it happen and he only just knocked it against the tap for it to brake.

Was the one that broke an older Agung, or was it less than a couple years old?

See the real thick glass lip on the pictured bong? Agung only added that 5mm thick rim about 2-3 yrs ago to stop breakages on the mouthpiece area. They've also made the rubber base larger in the last couple of years. My old Chong has a 90mm dia base, the new ones have a 100mm base, making them a bit harder to tip over.

Dont get me wrong they are great bongs as soon as i broke my one i went out and got another, IMO best bongs hands down but can be broken a lil easer than u think...

Oh, I absolutely agree that they are not unbreakable- but it's not very easy to break one, especially with the very newest ones. It's harder to break one from minor knocks and shocks than it used to be, tho.

I have even had a 3-4 yr old Agung develop some hairline fissures in the glass on side of the globe part. I could have caused that, though. I run very hot (70C) tapwater in mine then hit it with metho for cleaning, bit surprising with Pyrex that it would fracture. This gave me an excuse to buy a new one about 2 mos ago. Like you, I just bought another Agung, another 32cm Chong in my case.

I don't think there's any fully unbreakable glass bongs out there, but Agungs are reasonably tough. Didn't mean to leave anyone with the impression that I think Agungs are completely unbreakable, just hard to break.