Flourless choc cake

Guest bacchus
Ahhhhhhhh bacchus....Like the PM said

************THANK-YOU*****************

he he aw shucks rastagirl....

no problem, like my pm said.....

glad to help, am thinking of whipping one up myself....

maybe we should have an ozstoners bake- off???

logistics may prove to be a problem though...ha :huh:

Guest Urbanhog

interesting recipe Bacchus ;)

Tip for bacchus's receipe: Remember when folding the whisked egg whites, try to not stir too much, just gently "fold" the cake mix, because if you stir/folded too much, it can make the puffed up whisked egg whites "flat" its important to try keep the mix bit "whisked up/puffed up" it will make the results better, rather end up with a "flat" cake. Its kinda like making pavola if you over-folded the whisked egg whites, it will make the pavola "flat" not puffed up. Try to put in the oven pretty much straight away after folding the mix, dont let it leave to later, because the whisked up egg whites can "breath/leak out" and it will flatten the mix, so meaning you gotta try to put the oven and cook it to "set" it.

Pretty much "whisking the egg whites" is just trapping the air inside the egg whites thats why it foams and "grows", kinda like a "liquid balloon".

@ BlackBeauty - find whisking egg whites difficult? try to whisk up the egg whites when they have reached in room tempeture not straight out of the fridge... I have discovered that. Try to "relax" your arms, just let your hand/wrist to the whisking quickly, not the whole arm :) you might end up having sore arms hahah! Or simply get a electric hand mixer, saw some the supermarket for some cheap shitty brand for $25 bucks and they will do the job for sure.

@ Rastagirl - BB's convert measurements's link is a fanastic handy tool for stoners like us :D Since BB told me about that link, I have been using that ever since fairly regualrly.

@ Ozstoner's Bake off? mmm that would be a very interesting day, might have to have a ambo van on stand by :huh:! It has happened in Nimbin's past Mari Grass, I believe Dr.Doug told me that that some people just have eaten way too much and they had to be taken to the hospital by the ambulances .... I thought that was funny.

Good to see the Green Eggs forum coming back alive temporay..... :)

Cheers for sharing a bit ladies.

Urbanhog

Hmmmmmmm peaking eggs,eh.Well they should fit in well around here!!

Ok,I am a slack arsed thing when I wanna be.....(one of the reasons pot is illegal :;): ~refer to soap box~why is pot illegal~great thread) heh~not only am I slack but I have this habit of TOTALLY going of topic *puts wrist out for a slap*

OK,tonight is the night~I have all my ingrediants,plenty of time & feel like cooking...

Thanks to all who participated in this thread,it was the first thread I had started & due to past experiances,not here,at other forums,I wasn't to sure how I would go.You guys have surpassed all my expectations & again,I thank you all!!

**flourless canna cake all round**

Hmmmm,maybe with some absinthe,eh urbanhog???

PEACE TO Y'ALL~ONE LOVE....RASTAGIRL :rolleyes:

OK,tonight is the night~I have all my ingrediants,plenty of time & feel like cooking...

MMMMMMmmmmmmmmmm,MMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmm.....

YUMMY guys,it worked out GREAT!! :huh:

It was actually quite easy also,I followed the recipie posted by bacchus (thanks mate :D ) but instead of using a cake tin I used 6 little pyrex cup thingies (ya know the brown ones) which I had rubbed some canna butter on to grease....

So,as I had all the ingrediants melting on the stove I sepearated the eggs (leaving the yolks in half a shell coz it says to add the yolks in one by one)...I thought "shit,this sounds a bit fiddly",but it wasn't at all.And it wasnt as messy as cooking with flour (for me anyways ::D:

I have had one pyrex thing so far & am tempted to go back for another....I think I will wait thogh...

thanks again all.......I would reccomend that recipie,very user friendly.

~~PEACE~~ONE LOVE~RASTAGIRL~~

Guest bacchus

I have had one pyrex thing so far & am tempted to go back for another....I think I will wait thogh...

hey rastagirl....

he he...sounds like you had a hell of a lot of fun with that recipie.....so did you end up going back for more?

glad that we could all help bring you a little chocolate cake pleasure..... :P

bacchus

hey rastagirl....

he he...sounds like you had a hell of a lot of fun with that recipie.....so did you end up going back for more?

glad that we could all help bring you a little chocolate cake pleasure..... ;)

bacchus

Hey bacchus..........

ME~go back for more.....YEP,i sure did :P

My poor,poor (or indeed lucky) partner....had 1 little pyrex thingie & was out for 2 DAYS!!!!

Man,Thats what not having a tolerance does people lol

I truely thought that we would end up like the mormons in the hospital....

Although I gotta say "the session" helped explain why,in fact,the g'ment DO NOT want this "evil drug" legalised.It was worth it for that alone ;)

Today,I am having a baking day again.....This time I will add some almond & pecan (crushed) & see how we go...Hmm,maybe some shredded coconut also.

Ok,off to the other boards,silly question time!

~~**PEACE~~ONE LOVE~~**

RASTAGIRL

Guest Urbanhog
ME~go back for more.....YEP,i sure did

My poor,poor (or indeed lucky) partner....had 1 little pyrex thingie & was out for 2 DAYS!!!!

lol.... yeah it has happened to me few times specially ate potent dinner or dessert still feel confused and slow the next day ;) The longest I have ever passed out was 7 hours ate some muffins for breakie and woke up at sunset ;)

Man,Thats what not having a tolerance does people

I truely thought that we would end up like the mormons in the hospital....

heheh! The only time I have ever felt like that was 2 or so years ago when I made a curry....it was very very potent and my heart was going 100 miles an hour....later I blamed because I think I added too much chilli :P!

Although I gotta say "the session" helped explain why,in fact,the g'ment DO NOT want this "evil drug" legalised.It was worth it for that alone

Tell me about it... I know ;)

Today,I am having a baking day again.....This time I will add some almond & pecan (crushed) & see how we go...Hmm,maybe some shredded coconut also.

Ok,off to the other boards,silly question time!

Enjoy your cooking today!

Goodluck and thanks for sharing a bit.... hehehehe

Urbanhog http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/sp/chefico.gif

Important Information

By using the community in any way you agree to our Terms of Use and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.