Flourless choc cake

Evenin' all... :P

Have been munchin' out on "Flourless choc/hazelnut cake at the moment~SIN canna butter.But I was wondering.......since there is soooo much butter used in this recipie would it not be a good idea to try a "Flourless canna Cake"...?

So,do any of you culanry-linguists have any recipies for a "flourless choc cake".

Also,as it is soooo rich alot of the yucky green can not be tasted at all,& its very moist.

YUMMY.....

Thanks ~PEACE~ONE LOVE~Rastagirl...

Guest Urbanhog

The easiest and lazy way is to get the "Green's" brand pre-mixed choc muffins or mudcakes.... mudcakes are best IMO, they are so rich and moisty.

Of Just simply find you fave cake receipe in your or your mum's cookbooks and just chuck in 2-3 tablespoons of Canna-Flour into the mix :P

Flourless cake? you mean these wheat flours, corn flour, rice flour or all of above? :P

I cant find a flourless cake receipe sorry :P Maybe go to these health food stores, ask for a receipe and just chuck in few tablespoons of Canna-Flour or butter.

Sorry couldn't be more of help here.

Urbanhog http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/sp/chefico.gif

Hey there Urbanhog & thanks for the reply :P

Yep,I will havta W*&K at this & actually do some research.All I know is that instead of flour you use~eggs,melted choc,butter (canna,what else?) & cream & nuts of your choice(ground up hazelnuts are yummy but almond-meal can also be used.

Thanks again,I'm off to raid cookbooks,.

**PEACE~ONE LOVE~RASTAGIRL**

Hey there Urbanhog & thanks  for the reply :rolleyes:

Yep,I will havta W*&K at this & actually do some research.All I know is that instead of flour you use~eggs,melted choc,butter (canna,what else?) & cream & nuts of your choice(ground up hazelnuts are yummy but almond-meal can also be used.

Thanks again,I'm off to raid cookbooks,.

**PEACE~ONE LOVE~RASTAGIRL**

There are some 'straight' recipes here...but not sure how to deal with the amount of butter that gets put in...from a quick look, most of it seems to be added eggs like u said...

lol

Thank-you,Thank-you,Thank-you, BlackBeauty.Would u believe I could not find a recipie for a bloody flourless cake anywhere.All my cookbooks are old & I think its a newish kinda yuppie recipie.........So,thankyouverymuch my friend :rolleyes:

*rolls up sleeves*

**~PEACE~~ONE LOVE~~RASTAGIRL~**

Guest Urbanhog

Have a look in your local supermarket's health foods area.... I noticed today they have some pre-mix flourless cake and muffin mixes for those who are gluten intolerence (I am not sure if this is the right description)....

What I meant by "flour-less" its not using flours that contain gluten. (sorry again for spelling error lol :lol: )

Just add few tablespoons of Canna-flour into the mix....

never tried using these products, but can image worth a try if you are really that lazy, and have the spare cash as I noticed they were few dollars more dearer....

Cheers again :rolleyes:

Urbanhog http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/sp/chefico.gif

;)

Thank-you,Thank-you,Thank-you, BlackBeauty.Would u believe I could not find a recipie for a bloody flourless cake anywhere.All my cookbooks are old & I think its a newish kinda yuppie recipie.........So,thankyouverymuch my friend :rolleyes:

*rolls up sleeves*

**~PEACE~~ONE LOVE~~RASTAGIRL~**

You're quite welcome Rastagirl lol

Let us know how you go with your flourless-cannaless-yummy-cake!! lol lol

Guest bacchus

The Perfect Flourless Chocolate Cake

Taken from the Weekend Australian March 8-9/Review

"This dense, rich and utterly delicious cake is based on a favourite Elizabeth Hardy recipie. I usually serve it as a dessert rather than a cake to have with tea or coffee.

[*]Melt 250g chopped dark chocolate, 2/3 cup caster sugar, 150g chopped unsalted butter, 1 tablespoon brandy and 1 tablespoon strong black coffee in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of hot water, stirring occassionally until smooth. Allow to cool sligghtly.

[*]Transfer the chocolate mixture to a large bowl and stir in 125g ground almonds or hazelnuts.

[*]Seperate five eggs and add the yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition.

[*]In a clean bowl, whisk the egg whites until they form medium-firm peaks.

[*]Stir a large spoonful of whites into the chocolate mixture to slacken it, then gently fold in the rest with a large metal spoon or spatula.

[*]Pour the mixture into a greased and lined 23cm springform cake tin and bake in a preheated 180 C oven for 45 - 50 minutes, or until the cake is firm to the touch, but still a little soft in the centre.

[*]Don't worry if it sinks slightly in the centre when cool, this is how it should be.

[*]Carefully remove from tin and serve dusted lightly with icing sugar.

Serves 10

[*]This cake deserves good quality chocolate.

[*]Strong brewed coffee is preferable, butyou can substitute 1 teaspoon instant coffee.

[*]Flourless chocolate cake keeps well. Cover and store in the fridge for up to 3 days. Bring to room temperature before serving."

I know is a bit of a belated reply to the topic, but as I was drinking my coffee over the weekend papers I came across the recipie and I thought that I would leave it posted here for future reference.

wow thanks bacchus! it sounds really yummy! will have to give it a try although i never have any luck with whisking egg whites....

don't worry about replying late to a topic. the more info we have, the better and like many others, if i need to find some info on something, i'll search for old threads and often find them invaluable, regardless of the timeframe of replies :huh:

thanks again! *tummy grumbles*

Important Information

By using the community in any way you agree to our Terms of Use and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.