Is the chronic use of Cannabis, habitual or medicinally self perscribe

Straight people my age, kill their pain with perscription drugs, in some cases they are addicted for decades. They argue that the actual smoking of the Cannabis, defeats the purpose of justifying it as a medicinal substance!

If you smoked bongs & pipes in the 70's & 80's to kill the pain, any chronic stoner knows that if you made it to the 90's you naturally progressed to the rolling of the spliffs. So long as you exercise and eat well the "smoking" of medicinal herbs is not here nor there, or is it?

........ Is smoking Cannabis (Bush not Hydro) a small price to pay for a natural anti-toxant, anti-inflammatory, anti-biotic, muscle relaxant, etc etc etc?

smoking marijuana as a medicine fixes one problem by causing another, unfortunately thats the way things have gotta be for those patients who havent learnt about vapourizors yet ;) vapourizors negate most of those bad things because no actual combustion takes place, but even proving that to the die hard "marijuana has no medicinal use" people wont change their minds, they'll just fall back on some other government funded properganda ;)

Hmm i think you need to google some marijuana studies wdc or perhaps check out some oregon based weed websites, names escape me for the moment but we had/have a few members from that area of the world. Vapes give a different high, ask any of the peeps who've recently bought em, and there's heaps of em here, about the difference in stone compared to a bong hit or joint, stands to reason if the high is different so would be the pain relieving qualities.

Quite a number of certified med patients have testified to the lack of medicinal qualities of smoking herb thru vapourisers, i will need to do some google research an check old links myself but i'm pretty sure you;ll find a fair bit of evidence supporting what i say. Having said that some patients, esp those with chronic lung illness and a few other ailments find vapes the only way to smoke an therefore enjoy, albeit limited, their natural pain remedies.

Same goes with THC pills, atomizers or puff sprays, manufactured in labs to simulate the effects of THC. The problem is an again the dudes name whose at the forefront of these studies escapes me, it;s not just THC that provides pain relief an it;s not a blanket treatment for all illnesses or ailments. Lots of research at the moment is concentrating on the specific %'s an compositions of CBN's an CBD's in regard to pain relief an effective treatment for individual medical complaints.

I'll get back to this thread later when i got some decent links an testimonies to try an explain what i mean an also answer the original question posted by karmicforces.

peace

c

Hmm i think you need to google some marijuana studies wdc or perhaps check out some oregon based weed websites, names escape me for the moment but we had/have a few members from that area of the world. Vapes give a different high, ask any of the peeps who've recently bought em, and there's heaps of em here, about the difference in stone compared to a bong hit or joint, stands to reason if the high is different so would be the pain relieving qualities.

i noticed the high was different when using pipeman's vape at mardigrass, but i thought that the cannabinoids were all released before combustion sets in and the difference was only caused due to smoke inhalation ;) i'll definately have to read up a bit more about the matter and get back to this thread as well.

Hi karmicforces, I agree, they argue. Why do they argue?

No one is arguing about their choice of legal pain relief, so why are they taught to care about cannabis?

The natural progression would be as WDC said mate; next step vapourizer.

There's no way we can justify smoke, when the part we want can be delivered without combustion.

The study linked by WDC, shows a higher delivery of thc, cbd and cbn by the volcano, not the lit joint.

It also shows a marked lowering of carcinogens in cannabis vapour, compared to cannabis smoke.

What Chato has referred to, imo, is either nicotine spin, or headrush - caused by either a rush of oxygen to the brain, or, a lack of it due to holding the 'smoke' hit in. Also I'm not fully aware of the effects of the other gases in the smoke, like carbon monoxide etc.

You dont get that with the volcano vape true. But you still get just as, high, bent, numb, pain relief, calming, soothing, relaxation etc.

Look at tobacco smoke. We know that nicotine is a seriously addictive drug, delivered by smoke. The nicotine chewys and patches are not comparable to the hit you get from smoking, it's instant. An instant fix of nico thro smoke.

I'd hold this up as the reason why some people find it hard to change to vapes. Or some others that report vapes less effective medicinally.

They are still mentally ready for that quick thc (cbn,cbd) hit, from a cone, or j, delivered by smoke. Mull spinners will of course be craving the nicotine hit too.

With a good vape, it takes slightly longer, not instant, but its smoother and far more efficient delivery, imo.

TO answer your q, yep, and vaping cannabis would be even healthier with less price to pay (physically). ;)

I understand what you mean by the tobacco mulla but that's not what i meant.

The current shift in thinking by peeps at the forefront of cannabis as a medical treatment is to identify the different combinations of cannabinoids amongst different strains an which combinations an ratios of cannabinoids are more effective than others in treating certain illnesses.

Relating this to vapourisers there is some conjecture on whether the heating an not burning of the cannabis releases all the cannabinoids.

I'm searching for the interview i read but so far no joy. Was dude in Canada working closely with the compassion clubs an some medical institute i think growing various strains an analysing their compositions an how effective they were for different patients. He was under some pressure to release the names of the strains that were supposed to best for different illnesses but he said he preferred to not name strains but cannabinoid ratio;s at the present time.

Furthermore eating cannabis is by far an away the healthiest way to self medicate (vaping would be next) although it's harder to regulate dosage when cooking with it.

peace

c

Just a little bit of interesting info about the many types of cannabinoids

Other natural cannabinoids include cannabigerol (CBG), cannabichromene (CBC), cannabivarol (CBV), tetrahydrocannabivarin, and cannabidivarin. Studies on some of these have hinted at potential medical applications: CBC, for example, has been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties, while CBG apparently acts as an antimicrobial agent.

I'll keep searching.

peace

c

Time and time again ive tried to get stoned on my vaporisor from the Wade dude but it does NOT work for my problems and gives me little or no releif, (nothing wrong with teh vaporiser) just does NOT work for me ... maybe its me thats broken , a pipe or j is ok, and a bong just puts me in coughing fits but by the fuck the bong works for me everytime ... its true that using the vaporizer is like kissing your sister , its just not for real .. well in my case anyways ...

and NO im not big on incest either ;) lmfao ...

;)