are my clones gonna survive?

Well they look pretty sorry clones don't they.

We did mist twice every day, with plain water.

The 2x P.C. exhaust fans only cool the growbox space, they don't move the cuttings with wind.

Without the fans, the temps would climb from 26 at 6 AM, to 35 by midday.

The soaking is a very important step

I think that is also where they went downhill from. They cubes were dry, 4.8 grams, and we just added water to get them to weigh 26-30 grams, just before plonking the clones in.

Also, maybe it was those cinnamon tooth picks, that hold the labels. Wont use them again, they changed to a funny reddish colour. Will find some plain wood or nails or something.

Great advice,

and a great community.

hey hippy

i would also add a layer of ph soaked pirite to the bottom of the tray this will help keep ya humidty at a good level

clones need a fair bit of care in the first 2 weeks they need spraying at least twice a day use some superthrive at 2 drops per litre this will help them as well

also the cubes need to be kept moist with out being hell wet

and make sure you keep the pirlite wet as well as this will also help once ya get roots coming through they will bury into the pirlite

when it comes to lables just use the grodon cubes and as billo said lable the plastic but if ya cast find them just get a bisso card get a hole punch pop a hole in it and put a rubber band on it and as your putting ya cutting into the rock wool slip the rubber band on the bottom of the cutting dont do it from the top as you will probably damage the leaves or tips

another tip is to double dip ya clones i always dip my cutting and put a drop or 2 i the whole in the rock wool i feel this helps

i have also tried 5ml of clonex in my spray water as well seemed to hep abit but not 100% sure :thumbsup:

cheerz

Yeah...better luck next time HS.

Does anyone know if Growth Technologies Root Riot Cubes are available in Australia?

Jimbo :thumbsup:

Hi Jimbo, checked out the product u mentioned looks awesome. Contacted GT here in WA and this was the response:

\"Carl Barry\" <carl@growthtechnology.com.au>

Re: Enquiry from Growth Technology website

Sorry but the root riot cubes are not available in Australia. They contain plant hormones and so need to be registered with the authorities in Canberra and this is a major drama.

Regards

Carl Barry

It\'s a real shame too

Happy Daze

RunTHC

Ive stuck some seeds with roots in rockwool myself uder 400 watta, should i not have fan running??? And shud i have prop dome vets open or closed?

Geez Louis....

Vents closed...the fan running won't effect the air in a closed prop dome will it? So the fan is really only controlling the temps in the room atm...just go by the temp/humidity hygrometer in the dome with the seeds...you do have a thermometer don't you?

Jimbo

Thanks a million RunTHC! Much appreciated.

I figured as much...but fuck that! I'm buying some and getting them shipped over incognito.

Well if seeds get through... ;)

Jimbo ;)

i got some of these type off cubes shipped over last year some made it thru bout 2 trays that were packed in with other stuff but anouther box off em were found and destroyed imediatly got a letter saying so.

Imo thay arnt worth the time , hassel and the lots of money as shipping aint cheap for the size they are. rockwool cubes prepared right are better i think.