Leaf yellowing on clones

Rock wool, Jiffy pots and coco all have different PH requirements, due to the wrapping I would guess that it is coco and that you should bump the PH up to around 6.3 which is the lower end of the scale for that medium, I'd like a coco grower to confirm that though as I haven't used it to start clones in yet.

;)

i had an old friend who used to use coco instead of rockwool cubes to save money ;) he just treated them like his other plants in coco, ie. pH around 6.2, gave the trays a little bit of water each day and then misted them with a 1/2 strength mix of coco nutes. his clones always looked shit until they rooted, i think it was because he was constantly soaking them with nutes though ;)

Yeah i might try rockwool next time cos they all seemed a little fried.

The 'fried' appearance is coming from the plants taking a long time to set root, mainly because things have been too wet in the jiffypots. The plants have used up all the food in the leaves.

You'll run into the same problem with RW cubes if you don't back off on watering- RW cubes are really quite easy to overwater. Think damp, never wet or saturated.

A plastic-wrapped 40mm RW cube weighs 5g dry, should weigh no more than about 25g once you add water and shake out the excess. As water weighs 1g per ml, it's easy to check how much water is in your RW cubes. 15-25ml a day should do it, but check them a few times a day until you are sure you are not giving too much or too little water. Your evaporation rates will differ from mine depending on your clonebox construction.

Now that you have roots going, get the beggars under some 18/6 or 24/0 HID light, either HPS or MH. They'll catch on quickly but will take several weeks to return to full veg mode growth. You will need to prune them back a few times until the leaf growth appears in the normal vegetative habit. Until that happens, you will see weird growth like 1-bladed fan leaves, webbed leaf blades, numerous empty seed bracts on the mainstem (as though it were an elongated bud), etc. Just keep cutting them back once a week or so until you have a properly vegging plant, then do a batch of cuts for some new mothers and clones to flower and discard the revegged plants.

Due to my own fuckups in years gone by, I've had to do cuttings from flowering plants and re-veg them as well. Takes a loooooong time before they get back to normal, 5-6 weeks, an eternity in a growroom.

Thanks for the info Al.B. I didnt know i had to clone again for a mother, that really sucks ;) Thats what i get for cloning in flower i suppose. Billo what ph do you soak the jiffy's at mate? This was my second attempt as i cooked the first lot too close to the light. I've found coco to be forgiving so tried the jiffy's and bam 5 outta 6 so far. Well transplanted them today and hope to see some growth soon ;) Cheers ;)

post-10535-1187849679_thumb.jpg