Leaf yellowing on clones

Hey all, i took some clones off my plants that were 4 weeks into flower, 6 days ago. A couple got abit droopy and they sort of recovered but now i've got yellowing patches on the leaves and tips. Is this because they havent rooted yet? I used jiffy cubes with clonex and im sure the cubes are not under or over moist. They have been foliar fed every 2-3 days with a week nute solution. Temps have been a little high 25-30C and also using a heat mat. they arent looking well, help would be much appreciated. B) Edited by NEOBUD

i took some clones off my plants that were 4 weeks into flower, 6 days ago. A couple got abit droopy and they sort of recovered but now i've got yellowing patches on the leaves and tips. Is this because they havent rooted yet?
You are being a little impatient, it takes around 2 weeks to get roots on clones taken off vegging plants and seeing as the plants were so far into flower it is going to take a bit longer again so expect to lose a few of them in the process. I would cut out all nutrients until they are showing roots and spray them with PH corrected water with Superthrive added @ 2 drops per litre instead, I also water the clones from the same spray bottle giving them 3 or 4 sprays close up on the bottom of the cube.

B)

You are being a little impatient, it takes around 2 weeks to get roots on clones taken off vegging plants

Tom, a clone taken from a healthy vegging mum should set root in 5-7 days. Cuttings taken from flowering plants may take a good bit longer, though. Generally not too big a problem unless the mum has been flowering more than 2 wks.

Yellowing leaves are a sign of overwatering. Drooping leaves are a sign of capillary blockage through stem tip rot, also caused by overwet medium conditions.

Tom, a clone taken from a healthy vegging mum should set root in 5-7 days.
I call them rooted when there are roots poking out of the bottom of the cube, I also talk averages when giving advice to new growers using basic equipment and 2 weeks is what I have found to be the average time using my basic equipment.

:thumbsup:

yeah stop ya nutes and just mist them this will sort them out for ya but once they have roots out the bottom then you start back with your weak nute solution i use 1/4 strength to start with for a week and then slowly move up from there

and Al although yes it is very common to start seeing roots comming out the bottom at 7-8 days i think tom thinks the same as me that a clone aint rooted unless there a good amount of roots coming out the bottom and this will take at least 2 weeks

cheerz

how big were the leaves on the clones?

with no root system to sustain large leaves on freshly struck clones a common practice is to cut the tips off the larger leaf blades.

with clones taken halfway into flower i;d definitely recommend it an flowering clones will always take longer to root than those taken from a vegging plant in my exp.

peace

c

post-10535-1187675343_thumb.jpg

Yellowing is slightly worse all round, the smaller clones lower leaves are dying off, maybe too much leaf mass on them. But they do seem alot stonger since i started misting only ph adjusted water a few times a day. The smaller clones on the right have a very short, fat and juicy pheno'd mother so im hoping for them to come through for me, thanks again lads :thumbsup:

Edited by NEOBUD