What Happened To A Slap On The Wrist?

What ever happen to a slap on the wrist for a couple of plants?. I'm starting to get worried. I thought if ever I was caught, I wouldn't go to Gaol. They just decreased the Less then Commerial Quantitiy from 250 plants to 49. I thought if I was well below the 49 limit I wouldn't go to Gaol. But according to this table when the limit was 250, people have been sent for a row for alot less then 250?.

http://www.lawlink.nsw.gov.au/lawlink/pdo/...tlesscommercial

You could get incarcerated for just one plant if you have other criminal history, outstanding warrants or you piss the judge off.

If you've never had a brush with the law (ie:don't have any indictable offenses) then you probably would get a light sentence.

That's shite IMO - the least they could do is clean up the laws to include separate charges for clones etc...

Jimbo B)

Iemma got suckered. Some seriously nefarious jokers over at Drug Free Australia sold him the 'Not Your Father's Marijuana/ "X" times stronger than 1960s pot' and 'super hydroponic cannabis' myths. There's absolutely no scientific or medical evidence for either, but suddenly we have laws based in such wives' tales.

In fact, there's ample evidence for the contrary, notably that cannabis is no stronger at all now than in the 60s and 70s, but the way pot is prepared for smoking has changed a lot. If you discard stems, leaves and seeds, all once which counted toward the total weight of a sample of cannabis and replace them with buds only, of course the apparent THC of the sample will rise- >95% of the THC on the plant is in the buds.

Think about this for a minute. NSW has a Cannabis Cautioning Scheme, where users walk with warnings for 1/2 oz. This lack of any penalty for small qty possession keeps demand high. Then they hand out up to 20 years for more than 5 plants in hydroponics. Someone's got to grow the stuff. It almost looks like an entrapment, doesn't it? The WoD is truly fucked up as a soup sandwich.

i would be guessing that some one that gets 20 years for 5 plants would have a vast criminal history as this is just not the case

they have maximum sentences so that it gives the judge a guide in which to make his ruling you very rarely see a maximum sentence layed down for weed related crimes

on the other hand there has been some big sentences layed out for peeps caught with massive grow ops producing alot of weed and the distrobuting it as well

the way i look at it is we all play the game and its a game that we may loose so stick as close to the rules as ya can and ya may get busted and ya may not but if ya plant numbers are down then ya wont have a huge amount to worry about

cheerz

Hi Stoney,

The point I was making is that I thought that if you had less than 49 plants (say 35) and no priors, your chance of going to Gaol is nil. Worst case scenario a suspended sentance or a good behaviour bond. I plan to grow just enough to stay out of gaol. If I'm given a good behaviour bond just pack it up and give it away and think to myself "Well it was good while it lasted".

I don't want to wind up in Gaol saying "If only I only had 32 plants, I wouldn't be in here" Instead of saying "If only" afetr I'm caught, adjust my plants numbers now, so that I'm not saying "If only I had done this" or "If only I done that". Do you guys kinda get what I'm trying to say?. Plan for the worst, and limit what the worst case scenario would be.

But how can I do that if I don't know what will put me in Gaol. As the table shows, some people have been sent for a row with next to nothing?. But like I said in my earlier post, that might be a one of, he may have told the the Magistrate "Go FUCK ya self and stick ya gavel up your arse!". Whilst there is a few in the table who have been sent for a row in the past 2-3 years, there maybe hundreds who have had there cases heard in a Local Court and just recieved a Good Behavior Bond?.

Another thing that worries me, Is that if you have guns or other hard drugs makes a difference. When they say guns, I think they mean illegal guns. I have about 9 guns (Rifles and Pistols) They're all legally owned. (I'm licenced and the guns are registered). Should I worry about this?. Should I plan to keep my guns else where even though they're kept legally?. :thumbsup:

Just thinking about where you would keep your guns, if you were caught and they were on your property then the cops could use that to make you out to be a big deal even though they are legally owned. Not that I know the laws on this properly thats just my gut feeling. Better to keep them at the rifle range if ya can maybe.

I've always thought that if you look like you are a commercial grower then prison is a real possibility regardless of the amount of plants. Worse these days if it is hydroponic (because of public perception).

The point I was making is that I thought that if you had less than 49 plants (say 35) and no priors, your chance of going to Gaol is nil. Worst case scenario a suspended sentance or a good behaviour bond. I plan to grow just enough to stay out of gaol. If I'm given a good behaviour bond just pack it up and give it away and think to myself "Well it was good while it lasted".

I think you are kidding yourself here. How could 35 plants be seen as personal? I have heard of people going down for as little as ten plants.

Another thing that worries me, Is that if you have guns or other hard drugs makes a difference. When they say guns, I think they mean illegal guns. I have about 9 guns (Rifles and Pistols) They're all legally owned. (I'm licenced and the guns are registered). Should I worry about this?. Should I plan to keep my guns else where even though they're kept legally?. unsure.gif

If cops think you are commercial and have guns on the premises then I think you have real problems. I am no lawyer though. This is just based on years of reading about court cases in the paper.

Other things they would consider are scales, packaged product, anything that looks commercial.

Also children living at the same premises as the grow are a problem.

I only grow a couple of organic plants and I am sometimes worried about that.