Penalties increased in Qld?

This is how it looks kinda like to me.... how they came to this conclusion about banning is that-

"Amphetamines are the second most used illegal drug in Queensland after marijuana."

Thus by taking away (what they think in their alcoholic raddled brains) the only way to properly ingest MJ, the bong, they will prevent alot of MJ users from using. They are idiots. This is all so they can get to...

"What we are serious about is cracking down on illegal drug use and, in particular, the use of amphetamines."

Now... how exactly will they 'crack down' on the use of amphetamines using this logic? Ban.... mouths? :D rectums? :thumbsup: syringes? lol pieces of alumium foil? :peace: glass? lol They are all still legal... so we'll just have to wait and see.

Everywhere we look its all about protecting youth. Maybe we should ban children instead.

Someone has gotta buy an island to put these guys on where they can ban all the things they want and leave us here in peace!

Peace.

OK, here's the plan. Everyone makes up one homemade bong out of a water bottle, some garden hose and wotever you like as a cone. Chuck it in a box and post it to:

Hon Stephen Robertson MP

Minister for Health

Level 19

State Health Building

147-163 Charlotte Street

Brisbane QLD 4000

with this note:

Dear Sen Robertson

Your bong/ice pipe ban will be REAL effective in stopping people using drugs.

Not.

:peace:

As long as there are water bottles, there will always be a bong for anyone who wants one.

A packet of Tally-Hos would further drive home the point.

Come to think of it, since Sen Robbo was complaining about 'bong parts' you should just send him the water bottle, a couple inches of garden hose and some alfoil and let him DIY like everyone else. Give him an assembly instruction sheet in case he's as dumb as he looks. :thumbsup:

u know that's a great idea al b fuct, we really should do it. fuckwitts.

A young bloke I know who used to sell the most incredible amount of pot insmalldealsforsomereason started tomakespeedat home.He'sinWoodfordprionnow,that's maxsecurity,for11years!!I hate speedandwhat'sgoingon,but thisguyisonly a kid,andthefirst timehe'sdoneit.Way rough.

rob

Al B. Fuct, thats genius lol , although postage might be a bit much.... maybe we should all just send a set of instructions on how to make it with some kinda letter (who can set out a letter real well here?) they might dispose of the 'suspect' looking parcel before giving a glance. Is there some kind of postage paid address, they ain't taking any more of my money! :thumbsup:

:peace: This reminds me. I regularly donate to Amnesty International in both their mag and website they set out guidelines or entire formats to letters regarding certain topics and issues and give the address/email to which it should be directed. Maybe somewhere on the forum we should have a series of these and get some kind of new ball rolling, its not too hard to flip a few words around in a preset letter to suit your thoughts a bit better and send it off to the right place. Any thoughts?

Peace.

Yeah,you could beright,but then I reckonjust postingin the bongs would be worth it. Of course, the respective mail roomw ill open it, and the minister likely notlay eyes on the things. But if we were organised enough to send them,and to call the media telling them that day all these bongs would be recieved,then she would have to at least ackowledge recieving them.Maybe includea letter to the media.If u could trust a specific media paper,u could tempt one with a promise of telling no other papers, so they would have the classic "Scoop" story. Maybe that's no good, because if it's newscorp (who else is there?), they'd side against us,and kill the story,so maybe tell as many papers as possible, hopeing one journo might get a story in.

As for AMnesty, I was and am outraged that Phillip Rudock is a rep for AMnesty and publically supports techniques of interigation that are tourture. He ignores the rules of the GenevaConvention,(Apart from Bush, Hitler andToJo are the other famous people for ignoring the right treatment of prisoners.

So I wrote to AMnesty and told them I thought allowing Ruddock to be a public front for Amnesty was doing to their reputation, what a heart foundation tick has done with MacDonalds.

Ruddock uses his Amnesty badge to appear to be concerned for the rights of prisoners, and hides behind the good work of Amnesty...all the while, playing his cards both ways.

AMnesty wrote back (which was the first amazment), th enext amazement was to find they have tried to eject him for his way of using his membership badge as some kind of bullshit way of avoiding serious attack for his stand on human rights abuses.

He refused to go. So they met again and officially requested him to not wear his AMnesty badge while operating in his official capacity of head of the AFP, or other governmentrole.

He has ignored this ruling,and still wears it in spite of their ruling.

They said the laws and the constituion of AMnesty makes it illegal to eject Ruddock for saying the things he does.

However, the pointis,Amnesty has met three times to deal specifically , and have warned him because of public complaint. No doubt their own feelings go a long way on this too.

But public pressure in the right places can be successfull. I'll post the letter Amnesty sent me regards Ruddock if anyone's interested.

Anyway, I have to run my son's g'freind home.

c ya all

rob

i like your idea too alb.

What we are serious about is cracking down on illegal drug use and, in particular, the use of amphetamines."

so what does taking bong parts have to do with the fight against amphetamines, yes you can walk in to a comunity health centre and walk out with a ctn of syringes and everything you need to have a party and a half, you can buy needle kits in the chemists, several needle exchange programs excist thru out many of this countries states including a few "home delivery" needle exchanges. they wont take these things away because of the health risk of people sharing needles, thus sparking a rise in transmitable diseases possibly to an epidemic proportion. i dont know what they are trying to acheive, people are still going to smoke whether it be a home made bong or vape or a hand rolled joint or even a cookie maybe. mj is a natural occurence and naturally we should be able to partake if we choose to. whats next?? ban the orchy bottle or stop selling cans( dry can pipe ) i mean where do they draw the line? ramble ramble ramble smashed as.....

Al B. Fuct, thats genius :thumbsup: , although postage might be a bit much...

If you spent more than $2.00 posting an empty water bottle, a snip of garden hose and some alfoil, I'd be shocked.

A little Blu-Tack to seal up the hose hole might send you broke, but Sen Robbo would thank you for keeping the bongwater off his pants... :peace:

i dont know what they are trying to acheive, people are still going to smoke

Yep, that's my point with posting some homemade bongs to the joker.

Bongs cool and filter smoke compared to joints, reducing the harm of smoking cannabis. Yes, we can make homemade bongs which do the same thing as a nice piece of Agung glass, but the point of the govt making commercially made bongs unavailable is that they are deliberately increasing harm to users in a way that you rightfully point out would not be acceptable if applied to syringes for injecting drug users.

Homemade bongs will be made from commonly available plastics which will give off poisonous gases if heated, as may happen when garden hose and water bottles are used in a manner their makers did not anticipate. Bongs are made from materials that (usually....) won't injure the smoker.

This government claims to have harm-minimisation drug policies but that's something we in the biz call "a baldfaced lie." They're working on MAXIMISING harm. Would be a bit like banning liquor but not methylated spirit so everyone would go drink the poisonous meths. Solves your community's alcoholism problem quick. Nothing like a little social Darwinism... :thumbsup: