The New Strain Guide

I've just recently had the good fortune to be intoduced to the Very Good people at www.soulseeds.co.uk They sell only a few different strains BUT....All are lowryder!

Lowryder for anyone that doesn't know is an autoflowering strain that goes from seed to harvest in 90 days. No photoperiod needed.

It's only downfall is that it can't be cloned...AH! But there is actually one type that the male gets resin!!!

I've chosen Lowryder2 and Low Snow to try first.

This company made an extra special effort to help me obtain seed, the customer service is outstanding.

There is also a site that deals with the growing of these wonderful little plants, www.highbred.com I'm still waiting for my validation email, but there I am "littlebittyprettyone" Just in case I ever manage to get in!

GG

theres a few growers here that have tried it.. or grow some lowrider strains... the reports ive heard arent all that promising...

not very potent from what ive heard... the fact that its autoflowering.. could have some advantages.. outdoors... but indoors.. i would think it would be a pain in the ass.. and not being able to clone it would drive me mad..:applause:

but theres a few different crosses.. theres even a few that have been crossed that can be cloned from ive been told...

when ya get them growing.. put a thread up in the Grow Diaries section... please... pretty please...

hey there granny

i have grown out the LR outdoors and found it a bloody hardy little bugger not the best smoke but not the worst either

the main sell point about this strain is that it auto flowers which can be a possitive or a negative thing

as in if you were outdoors you could plant out your outdoor crop for the year and set yaself a plot of LR and harvest them mid season and then harvest your main plants at the end of the season

and indoors they would be good as a SOG and ya just keep them at 18hrs light all the way through flower and they proform well i have seen

i did mine close to the end of the outdoor season and mine was shit as the daylight hours had dropped way down so they only got 12 hrs light or less every day if they were in at the start of the season they would have come out alot better as i have found LR must have at least 18hrs of light to flower

some do there's at 24/7 light and have seen good results from this as well

the downsize of the LR is that due to auto flower it is not cloneable so you need to have alot of seeds to play around with to start a decent grow and the lack of quality in the smoke is another downside

definatly only a sog type strain as single cola plants are commonl what you will get although im sure there will be some interesting pheno's coming as there are alot of people playing around with the LR genetics

anyhoo if this is what you are gonna grow then good luck i hope they yeild ya enough

cheerz :Dj:

I just finished a "normal" crop (white widow) in 90 days from clone. Don't really see why this is much of an advantage except to those who sell the seeds quite frankly. Perhaps useful to outdoor growers or SOG planters but quite frankly I think the autoflowering gene is one that should be perhaps quarantined from the pool of general drug cannabis. I'd rather have a strain which I can induce into flower or vegetative growth easily than one which cannot be cloned reliably and is difficult to gain high yeilds from in the equivalent time.

I have to agree with the others, particularly Luke. This variety has zero appeal to me. The only advantage is that you could have outdoor buds at new year when the sun is at it's most intense. If your doing an outdoor grow nothing beats a proper 9 month growing season with 1/2 to a lb of potent bud at seasons end.

Well thanx all! That's alot more than I got from looking at the entire lowryder grow site!

What interested me the most about the little ones is that I can tuck them in my garden for a nice outdoor grow in spring just for a little extra. I also was very intrigued that the Lowsnow male gets resin!

My kids can have it, or it might make a nice butter.

I think this little plant may just be a boon to those that aren't very gifted at growing, or cloning. Seems pretty easy.

I was skittish about that ruderalis gene for a long time, although the idea has always intrigued me about a plant that needs such little skill to grow.

You can't really get the seed here, so I thought I would be growing seed for the most part with the hope of selling them to some of the compassion clubs in California.

There's alot of people that simply can't grow for themselves for different reasons, and with the crazy Feds raiding all the medical gardens there, well you can see what I mean. Thanks for all the insight!

I dont think theres anything special about any of the lowryder strains, cept for outdoors but even then, to keep the generations going yould have to accept the males an females breeding,thus lowering yeild and potency,even more then what it already is.

my Netherlands pal, who ill just call fonz from now on, short for fonstigo...once did an experiment indoors with a good to average strain (bubble). where he put it into a small pot (not sure the exact size, but those small ones you use, but not the squre very small ones) he did a simple water clone method and once the roots where established he popped the small clone ( about the size of jusr over his pinky finger) into the small pot and it got probebly less then a week including the tranfer shock time growth till it went into flowering with the others he he doing which where at full size normal ones.

anyway, it was a single cola big of course but it was a chucky monky of a bud,ontop of that it developed resin faster then the bigger ones and i think it was a little more potent in the end,with around a 11g yield.

ANYWAY, the point of what im trying to say is if somone wanted to do a lowryder style grow (for indoors),i beleave thell be better off getting any plant they like and just minitureise it,even the one the fonz did was small,if u do one double the size in the same pot held prolly gotten more, and of higher quiity stuff. and you can feel safe knowing there all clones and female :D

Wow! I haven't seen this topic in a long time...

Soulseeds promised to resend over a month ago and still nothing. So I guess the experiment will have to wait.

The whole idea was just that it makes growing for med patients easier. No worries about light cycles, LR is happiest at 20/4 for the entire grow. The small size makes it easier for ppl in small spaces. And while one would indeed have to grow out a seed run now and then, you wouldn't need to allow the males in every grow.

So while it's nearly the same to grow out clones, LR doesn't require the keeping of a mother, a veg box and a seperate flower box.

It's low profile does allow for a little outdoor grow, or even a large one. If you keep up with seed runs, then you need only buy seed one time.

Lowryder can be manipulated with cool temps during the veg cycle adding some 15 days to vegetative growth and that way having a much larger end yield. Autoflowering is stimulated by warm temps. LR is more prone to vertical root growth, so the deeper the pot the bigger the cola.

It's a little different, but I still believe it has a place for some that can't for whatever reasons grow any other way. I think it would be a boon for med pot patients, and so for that reason alone, to me it's worth mastering.

I dont think theres anything special about any of the lowryder strains, cept for outdoors but even then, to keep the generations going yould have to accept the males an females breeding,thus lowering yeild and potency,even more then what it already is.

my Netherlands pal, who ill just call fonz from now on, short for fonstigo...once did an experiment indoors with a good to average strain (bubble). where he put it into a small pot (not sure the exact size, but those small ones you use, but not the squre very small ones) he did a simple water clone method and once the roots where established he popped the small clone ( about the size of jusr over his pinky finger) into the small pot and it got probebly less then a week including the tranfer shock time growth till it went into flowering with the others he he doing which where at full size normal ones.

anyway, it was a single cola big of course but it was a chucky monky of a bud,ontop of that it developed resin faster then the bigger ones and i think it was a little more potent in the end,with around a 11g yield.

ANYWAY, the point of what im trying to say is if somone wanted to do a lowryder style grow (for indoors),i beleave thell be better off getting any plant they like and just minitureise it,even the one the fonz did was small,if u do one double the size in the same pot held prolly gotten more, and of higher quiity stuff. and you can feel safe knowing there all clones and female :D

although it "can work " to just roll them straight into flower it is not wise to do so they have less of an imune system and root mass making them more suseptable to issues, also it has been the general finding that plants have to reach a certain maturity before they are flipped when grown from seed otherwise you drematicly sacrifice in the potency and yeild department do to the plants immaturity and ability to feed itself aswell as a more mature plant

For an indoor grower that clones though, the advantages make no difference, the downsides are just as relivant for anyone though. Yes the first time your grow it you may get your buds earlier but as Luke pointed out with a semi perpetual cycle you can pull every 9 weeks or so with ease