spare shower grow?

ok fk the shoer, just bought grow tent......1.2x1.2x2 ----- gonna use fan in the grow room connected to odorsok then into roof......will i need a centrifugal fan or is an inlne axial enuf for this??

and what kinda fan for inlet does any 1 recommend or will a osc fan in there be enuf in that space with 400 watta, ta ciao.

An axial fan will do for the inlet, but you gotta have the centrif on the exhaust to push air through the filter. You can set it up without an intake fan, just with an opening to allow air in (passive intake), perhaps a short length of duct just to be sure the intake opening stays open, and see if the temps run OK.

Interesting phenomenon with a well sealed grow tent and a centrif. Centrifs can make around 5-8psi on their exhaust, meaning -5 to -8 psi on intake. Lowering the pressure inside the tent means there's a force applied to the outer surface by the atmosphere.

if you do not have a sufficient air inlet, a centrif as an exhaust can generate enough negative pressure to collapse the grow tent, breaking the plastic connectors which link the aluminium tube supports. Adding 8 lbs (~3.6kg) of pushing force to every square inch (1sq. in = 6.4 sq cm) of the tent surface is something your tent won't have been designed for. If the walls suck inward, you need to free up the intake path.

You need an osc fan (or two) regardless of whether you have an intake fan or not.

You could learn all this in the forums by reading...but,

IMO you won't definitely need a intake fan on a tent if you buy a decent exhaust - say a 150mm centrifugal (type it into google....)

If you make your inlets at the bottom of the tent at least as big as the exhaust - perhaps even twice the size, then you shouldn't have any dramas as long as the incoming air is fresh.

The decent exhaust fan will also take care of a lot of the heat that 400W light will put off.

Jimbo :rolleyes:

yeah keep it simple man.. as long as the present exhaust fan isnt too old or a peice of crap u should b able to use it, or at least get a few grows out of it till u need to replace it.. just panda it like everyone says an away ya go lol ive done few lil grows in spare shower at me old place and works bloody good.. and yes floor drain rocks also :rolleyes:

peace

bucket

id personally go a 200mm centrifugal fan for thge exhaust

as if u ever wanted to upgrade to a 600w light

the fan will be rated for that aswell

u can use a timer to controll the amount of time on off etc

although i run mine 24/7

for the intake maybe 2 inlines would be the besat option

u never can have too much fresh air imho

bil

You need the oscillating fan to move the air around in the tent, helps with humidity and it helps strengthen the stems on the plants.

I would try the tent without any inlet fans at first but with a decent 150mm minimum centi exhaust.

Do it once...do it right!

This stuff isn't all that hard, but like anything - having the correct tools for the job helps! lol

Jimbo :rolleyes:

yep

mate its always good to have a osscilating fan

as it strengthens the plant and toghens it up

u need a very gentle breeze on ya plants

if too strong u will stress em so keep it on 1

it also spreads the air right in to the stomatas etc

great for photosynthesis..

all the best mate

bil

i run inline fans as a method of air in

it may take u some stuffin round but u will get it all sorted

wat strain are u wanting to grow??

how many plants do u wanna flower in there??

is this gunna be a everything tent??or just for flower?

by everything i mean vege clone mum flower...:rolleyes:

i guess ill get an inlet axial for an intake then. Does the inlet have 2 be as strong as the exaust fan, for the pressure? Is that what your saying?

An axial on the intake is fine. The intake fan should be fairly close to the capacity of the exhaust but shouldn't exceed it. If the tent runs at a slightly negative pressure- slightly more exhaust capacity than intake- all air leaving the tent will go out your exhaust blower and carbon filter.

If you choose not to use an intake fan, you need to make the air intake about double the diameter (or area if not circular) of the exhaust blower.

If you have too much intake fan, the tent will be pressurised. Scents will escape from any air leaks instead of being trapped in the carbon filter.

The tent walls should blouse inward just a bit if everything's right.

billo, i got some mixed celtics but ill grow the double stone they gave me as bonus cause i know what they are, the others mixed together.

yeh ill do everything in tha tent 1st up, not gonna take clones so just switch 12/12 remove any males and grow out.

got 5 seeds so so hopefully get 2-3 to grow out, well see how they go.