spare shower grow?

pandafilm's so cheap that there's no reason not to line the entire shower stall up to the ceiling. Contains the airmass around the grow for better temp & scent control.

You can get durable ball-bearing fart-fans to replace the cheaper sleeve-bearing sort but Luke's right, the capacity is wanting. You might be able to get away with a 250-300mm BB fart fan with a 400 HPS if you had another equal sized fan drawing air into the op airmass, mounted as low as possible. Ball-bearing motors are important in this application. Not nice when they die on you, BB types last much better.

Having a floor drain is a wonderful thing. I'm jealous! :rolleyes:

dude try and do as much as ya can ya self, even getting an electrician to install a fan that is obviously too big for the usual 4 minute shower will raise suspition. maybe if ya had to just get one in to put a power point on the wires for the fan instead of hard wiring. fans you will use will have a plug on them anyway. that way too you can take them out and replace them if need be. i agree with the others too about panda in the whole space.

Luke, what type of fan mate, like which make and model cause im pretty dumb about these things but yeh something that runs quite and pulls alotta air would be sweet, dam the electrician gonna cost an arm and a leg.

This 200mm Spectrum Hygro centrifugal blower goes for about $135 + GST & freight . Most bathroom fartfans are about 200mm, so this would fit OK with some flexiduct. You could also probably get away with a 150mm ball-bearing inline axial fan (or probably a pair, one for intake, one for exhaust). Cheaper (bout $53 + GST & frt), but only moves about 1/3 the airflow of the C200. Several other options available from my stock of fans, just ask. No electrician required with any of the fans I can get- that is if you can operate a screwdriver. :applause:

The bathroom exhaust probably won't cut it though, I'd invest in a good fan and install that in the present hole.

Hey luke, i got a neighbour on other side of wall i dont want a noisy fan, what else can i do??

Have fan on floor and duct into the roof?

And what kinda fan sir for 400w in a shower area maybe with an odorsok, although my roof is bricked off to ajoining roof (its a unit), do i still need odorsok?

PS lowest noise fan for tha job would be my main concern.....ta

ok fk the shoer, just bought grow tent......1.2x1.2x2 ----- gonna use fan in the grow room connected to odorsok then into roof......will i need a centrifugal fan or is an inlne axial enuf for this??

and what kinda fan for inlet does any 1 recommend or will a osc fan in there be enuf in that space with 400 watta, ta ciao.

Mrsmokey there is a room calculator in the learning centre, it will tell all. You will need a centrifugal fan for that odoursok and it would be wise to get some acoustic ducting to cut down the noise. I dont do links but check out ebay for some sizes and prices and go to your local hydro shop, they're usually good help. And read read read, Good luck lol