Hey M8's, I've been looking at this guy over the last few days and I think I want to marry him. OK he's a U.S. guy and all that but he's in the running for the top job in next years election.

Here's his policy on drugs: http://www.ontheissues.org/TX/Ron_Paul_Drugs.htm

Also, there's tons of GREAT clips on you tube featuring this guy and despite the fact that he's going against the corrupt politics of the U.S. he's gaining a LOT of popularity, check him out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GX-bPyPBlY

I wonder how a party based on those principles would go here? Popularity-wise I mean.

Paul's opins on drug reform are all well and good, but unless he's the Repuglican or a Democrap candidate, he's not getting elected to be POTUS.

Most Americans actually are not opposed to drug policy reform, particularly for cannabis. However, the media moguls (notably Murdoch) want Americans to spout a certain zero-tolerance position. With media ownership highly concentrated in far too few hands due to sweetheart deals (in both the US & Aus), the news media are telling the people that we believe in ZT when in fact the vast majority of Americans (and Aussies) believe quite differently.

Use care when saying shit like 'Just goes to show how fucked up Americans are.' Not all are fucked up- and one or two hang around this OSA joint, K?

Senator Ron Paul supports a basically Libertarian approach. Libertarianism is all about 'Freedom'. Therefore Ron Paul will fail. Also, unless he controls the Congress - who cares?

Americans have lost their Bill of Rights and now have the Patriot Act! Their economy is dying from the cost of their imperialism. Like the UK, America is becoming an open air prison while most of them are still trying to work out which American State Australia is in.

Torture is now a patriotic duty. Paranoia is official US Foriegn policy. And if you say "Fair dinkum" on an American aircraft you will be questioned bu police (just to be on the safe side).

But I'm not saying Americans are fucked up. No way - Cause I don't have to!

"Use care when saying shit like 'Just goes to show how fucked up Americans are.' Not all are fucked up- and one or two hang around this OSA joint"

Why "use care"?

If you or any others don't like what's said here go somewhere else.

Al.

Regardless of the United States attitude we should not be criticizing American people for they helped us greatly in past times and possiby we will be asking for further help from them in the future ...

there are two different things ... the American Corporate Government which stinks ... and the ordainary American people who are very similar to ourseleves and are good at heart

in todays world we face greater, darker threats than some American telling you how big Texas is B)

B)

Edit: mind you iam also guilty of criticizing America in past times too ... B)

american's aren't that bad, they just need to get over their way of thinking which has been drummed into them since they were born. ask any american, they live in the most powerful, ass kicking, free nation on the planet and saying anything less is unpatriotic B) well to be fair that doesnt apply to ALL americans, there is a slight minority that blame 3/4 of the world's hatred towards america on the president which to be fair alot of the blame does lie with him, but they are a very small minority in a country of over 200 million people B)

Senator Ron Paul supports a basically Libertarian approach. Libertarianism is all about 'Freedom'. Therefore Ron Paul will fail. Also, unless he controls the Congress - who cares?

Americans have lost their Bill of Rights and now have the Patriot Act! Their economy is dying from the cost of their imperialism. Like the UK, America is becoming an open air prison while most of them are still trying to work out which American State Australia is in.

Torture is now a patriotic duty. Paranoia is official US Foriegn policy. And if you say "Fair dinkum" on an American aircraft you will be questioned bu police (just to be on the safe side).

But I'm not saying Americans are fucked up. No way - Cause I don't have to!

"Use care when saying shit like 'Just goes to show how fucked up Americans are.' Not all are fucked up- and one or two hang around this OSA joint"

Why "use care"?

If you or any others don't like what's said here go somewhere else.

Al.

Fish, none of that qualifies every individual American as being fucked up.

If you want to be a generalising racist cockhead, I might suggest you also fuck off somewhere else, OK?

there is a slight minority that blame 3/4 of the world's hatred towards america on the president which to be fair alot of the blame does lie with him, but they are a very small minority in a country of over 200 million people :thumbsup:

Sorry, wrong.

Your notion that only a small number of Americans are pissed off with the way Bush has taken the US into an illegal war is VERY old news. That might have had a ring of truth in 2002, but it's pretty hard to tell considering how the press were busy being war cheerleaders and not reporters at the time. Both the New York Times and the Washington Post have since apologised for that truly grave journalistic failure, for what it's worth...

Americans in a landslide majority kicked the GOP out, not JUST from the House of Reps but the Senate as well in the Nov 2006 midterm congressional elections. Why? Iraq, warrantless wiretaps, Katrina, etc etc etc. King George would be impeached but there's not enough votes on party lines to carry a motion of articles of impeachment.

The press very rarely expresses the mood of the American public (particularly when Murdoch owns so bloody much of it), but a quick scan of the headlines and King George's sub-30% approval ratings tell the tale.

I might sound a bit annoyed at some of the commentary here, but I think that's reasonable when people shoot off their mouths about the USA without having any idea what they're talking about. I lived >30 years in the US before I came to Aus more than 10 years ago- and I carry both citizenships. I'm in a rare position to know both really rather well.

I was refering to the invasion of Iraq. The yanks should never invaded Iraq. Just because the U.S doesn't like the way the countiy's run, doesn't give them the right to invade. That hole "Weapons Of Mass Destruction" was a bullshit story made up and drummed into the yanks so they believe they're in danger. So in there minds a pre-emptive striike was needed. Even the UN was apposed to it, but the US invaded anyway. I believe the rest of the world knows that we should have left them the fuck alone from day 1. But the US media has fed it Citizens bullshit. Just the fact they use terms like "Weapons Of Mass Destruction".

And is anyone really that FUCKIN' stupid to believe that Hans Blix commited sucide?. The US Government had him done away with to stop him from speaking out against The US Government, which Incedently is run by a halfwit that got in on prefgerences <-(could be wrong on this point). While the UK and Australa have no option but to follow and support him because we need the yanks protection from North Korea and China