I was refering to the invasion of Iraq. The yanks should never invaded Iraq. Just because the U.S doesn't like the way the countiy's run, doesn't give them the right to invade. That hole "Weapons Of Mass Destruction" was a bullshit story made up and drummed into the yanks so they believe they're in danger. So in there minds a pre-emptive striike was needed. Even the UN was apposed to it, but the US invaded anyway. I believe the rest of the world knows that we should have left them the fuck alone from day 1. But the US media has fed it Citizens bullshit. Just the fact they use terms like "Weapons Of Mass Destruction".

Absolutely. The US had absolutely no security interest in Iraq- but keeping the oil taps flowing was fairly important to Oilman Bush. Yes, the US govt with the assistance of a lazy, compliant US media fooled the people for a while in the leadup to the Iraq invasion... but the fooling is very much done. No one buys the WMD or other horseshit anymore, except perhaps a couple of insignificant fuckwits on Fux News, which reaches a massive 9% of US TV viewers.

And is anyone really that FUCKIN' stupid to believe that Hans Blix commited sucide?.

You'd have to be pretty fuckin' stupid, considering Blix is very much alive. :thumbsup:

In fact, Blix is so alive, he'll be speaking in Sydney in 2 weeks!

The NSW Society of Labor Lawyers

Dr Hans Blix is Chairman of the Weapons of Mass Destruction Commission, an

international commission established by the Government of Sweden. The

Commission's report "Weapons of Terror, Freeing the World of Nuclear, Biological

and Chemical Arms" was delivered to the Secretary-General of the United Nations,

Kofi Annan, in 2006. Dr Blix is also President of the World Federation of United

Nations Associations.

The UN Secretary-General appointed Dr Blix Executive Chairman of the United

Nations Monitoring, Verification and Inspection Commission (UNMOVIC) for Iraq

for the period 2000-2003. Dr Blix advised the UN Security Council to act cautiously

on the basis of available evidence as the USA mounted its case for invading Iraq in

order to disarm weapons of mass destruction. In 2004 Dr Blix published the book

Disarming Iraq.

Dr Blix studied at the Universities of Uppsala, Columbia and Cambridge, and

received his PhD from Cambridge in 1959. He was Associate Professor in

International Law at Stockholm University and then Adviser on International Law in

the Swedish Ministry for Foreign Affairs before he become Liberal Party Foreign

Minister of Sweden in 1978. From 1981 to 1997 Dr Blix was Director General of the

International Atomic Energy Agency. Dr. Blix has written several books on subjects

associated with international and constitutional law, and many articles relating to the

spread of nuclear weapons.

Cost: $15

Bookings are essential and advance payment is required

Places are strictly limited

To book, please phone Paula Sharkey at Denman Chambers, 9264 6899

Please post your cheque, payable to Society of Labor Lawyers,

to Level 7, 185 Elizabeth St, Sydney 2000, or DX 185 Sydney

presents a unique opportunity to hear esteemed

international jurist and statesman

Dr Hans Blix

Chairman of the Weapons of Mass Destruction Commission

Tuesday, 28 August 2007

5:45 for 6pm

The Theatrette

NSW Parliament House

Macquarie St, Sydney

Yeah Yeah,...alright,....I admit it,....I'm an Ass. It was a while ago. I can't remember his name. But the guy who did all the research on WMD's and satelite Imagery,..what was his name?. He was telling everyone that it was all bullshit and that the government put him up to it. Then he was found a day or so later dead?

america is a great country.

as the most powerful millitary country in the world (they spend more on their millitary budget than the rest of the world combined!!) history shows us that the rest of the world is going to have a grudge against them....eg England was the most powerful for many years....and most of the world hated them....u think anyone loved the Romans?..when they were building their empire..invading other countries..killing lots of people..u think anyone loved the middle east (iran/iraq when they were the most powerful country in the world?...(the persian empire)

..perhaps a lot of people really hate the idea of one country killing another country?

a sense of history is very important....put it all in a larger perspective of the history of humanity and you may feel differently about it.

...speaking of history i find it interesting that in american schools 80% of the history taught is american history...this undoubtedly contributes to the sense of superiority/arrogance that a lot of americans feel.(it is my perception that a lot of american humans feel they are better than humans born in a different part of the world---i would appreciate any feedback from americans with regards to their perceptions of whether their fellow americans consider themselves better than non-americans)

personally i consider us all equal inasmuch as we all have the 'divine spark within'...i like the beginning of the american constitution 'we hold these truths to be self evident...that all men are created equal...' (obviously we cant be equal in the literal sense or we would all be clones!!)

perhaps Senator Rob Hall would make a 'good' President....i believe a 'good' president will be elected when enough of the people themselves are 'good'

to me its all mildy amusing since i consider myself a human first and an aussie second...so i dont see it as the 'west' vs the 'middle east' or america vs iraq....i see it as american humans killing iraqi humans...aka humans killing humans(and they call me mad!!!)...no different than one member of your immediate family killing another....or some cells/countries/organs in your body killing other cells/countries/organs in another part/country of your body/earth(cancer)....the world without is a mirror of the world within and the day we all have inner peace is the day we overcome this disease called war.

..grr...wake up people!!! WAR IS INSANITY!!!

Peace is sanity ;)

Edited by grok

Speaking as an American I can say the GREAT MAJORITY of Americans are looking for FRESH leadership. Most Americans know that Politicians do not listen to the voters but do the bidding of lobbyists from Federal down to local. Most people are fed up and very frustrated with Bush, the Senate, and the Congress, State and Local leadership. We feel alienated from the very people we vote in. We are begging for change, the polls show this.

Ron Paul does not have a chance and this is not his first run for President. I believe he ran twice as a Libertarian. The biggest problem with Libertarians is that they do not want the government to provide any sort of safety net, no social welfare.

Libertarians want to abolish the minimum wage and combine with mass illegal immigration would drive down wages even further.

Libertarians want to abolish the welfare state altogether and replace it with an “opportunity society” or “ownership society”. Actually Bush proposed a so called "ownership society" which means privatized Social Security, Healthcare and Public education, etc.

Americans will not go for that. Ron Paul makes good points and I am glad that he is in the race and perhaps some of his points will be taken up by whoever wins the Oval office, the Senate and Congress.

Every country makes big mistakes because it is people with their faults and arrogant ambitions that make policies and who maybe, incompetent, corrupt or an extreme ideologue who could care less what the voters think. We had 8 years of Bush and I hope we don’t get 4 years of Clinton, that in my opinion would be a disaster, and Mrs. Clinton is the total opposite of the political ideology of Ron Paul.

Edited by CannaBush