Butter or straight Pot

:whistle:

High ,

Yeh there are quite a few good recipes here for making cannabutter ..

It's not really worth cooking with cannibis unless you use the butter ... :peace: .. the butter still has its distinct taste and aroma , but butter its much better than eating all the useless plant matter ..

On the top right of the forum are a few Links .. one being the "Learning Centre" .. go to the Cookbook .. and read Pures recipe for Cannabutter .. and adapt that for the amount of plant material you are using .. :peace:

Btw tho , I think a 6hour simmer is enough .. but 12 wouldn't hurt I spose ..

:whistle: Sorry I couldn't be bothered linkin you up .. but there are also a few threads discussing this topic here .. just search for Cannabutter :toke:

Have fun in the Kitchen :rolleyes: and seeya later :xcited:

Budman :pokey:

im actually in the middle of making cannabutter as i type :whistle: every 15 mins im having to get up a stir the pot which is a total pain in the arse, but the end result makes it all worthwhile :rolleyes:

if you want the butter to taste better, put all the plant matter in the pot and pour a jug or 2 of boiling water on top. stir that for 10 mins or so to ensure it gets wet and stays that way and then let it sit for 20 mins or so before straining it off. that removes heaps of the nasty taste and if you want to go even further you can repeat that process a few times and then after you have collected the butter you can boil it up in ahuge pot of water to reduce the taste even further :whistle:

hey there ABR

i would definatly say go the butter i have made cookies both ways and have found that by making the butter to strat with it gives you a chance to mask the flavour with some vanilla essence or something else

i have tried with leaf and finly chopped bud but can never get them to taste right

have a look in the cook book in snacks for my M&M cookies i just made another batch of these on the weekend and well tis the reason i aint been around all weekend muahahahahaha

cheerz :Dj:

WantDaChronic I can assure you that adding chopped bud to the mix

before baking works quite effectivly as a Drug and not just as a herb.

I have made plenty off batches like this resulting in a High lasting in excess of six hours

On par with any of the cannabutter "spacefood" i have sampalled.

I have made plenty off batches like this resulting in a High lasting in excess of six hours

wow, im such a mrs know nothing.............!!!! :whistle:

I only heard about this canna butter stuff a while ago........... and apparently how its the way to go........... to get the best effect of the pot? Or for what reasons, i dont knwo but Im sure there are very smart people here who do.............

Just when I was about 18-20 years old (10 years ago eek) was teh last time I actually ate anything that contained cannabis an an active ingredient! And yeah, we would just chop up a bowl fine as we could, get a sara lea choccy cake and wack it in the mix and get trashed.......... totally..........

Now sorry to be dumb, but im thinking, that is the reasoning people are like 'use the cannabutter' doe it hold some of the thc? does just baking pure chopped up budds in a cake ruin the thc value?

Sorry to be a dumbass! Im very interested.........maybe I need to take up baking.........:rolleyes: :whistle:

As I put up befoer, I havent eaten any cannabis products for a long time!

Edited by Chic Stunter

I know that it works, but it doesnt have the same level of potency as what you would get from using the same amount of pot in butter. I might just be a unique case, but like you i have made many canna based foods with pot just added into the mix, but unlike you i never got any noticeable affects :rolleyes:

the only times i have actually been stoned from canna food is when butter has been used and another nail in the coffin imo is my father's experience over the weekend. I sent some cookie mix that i made into a slice to my sister for her bday present and my father ate the whole thing :whistle: now while it was enough for 5-10 people, it would have only weighed 200 or 300 grams at the most and kept my father severly stoned for over 36 hours solid :whistle: and even though its been close to the same amount of time since he started to come down, he is still all messed up from it and cant do shit :xcited:

if i had just put pot straight into the mix, my father still would have been pretty stoned from the amount he ate, but i think he got a hell of alot more stoned than what his conciousness could handle because i used cannabutter instead of just adding it to the mix :pokey: