what is your opinion on young teens or even younger kids smoking pot

it's a very personal thing really... effects each person differently

while one person gets what they need from pot, another can't handle it or moves onto other things.

it is really about education... you can have an 90 yrd old man having his first bong and not know jack shit about what it is or what to expect. having the information there is very important.

I agree wholeheartedly with pebbles. Individuals are all different. Some teens may well be mature enough to handle drugs like cannabis but perhaps not ones like alcohol and heroin....

The key is that the choice has to be made by the parents, and there has to be an element of personal responsibility. If someone is young, that doesn't mean they're necessarily ready to use mind-altering substances, but it also doesn't necessarily mean they should be prevented from consuming it.

I know that the only way someone learns how to handle drugs is to take them, and have someone around who is either experienced or sober. What line that's drawn at is up to the individuals involved, and banning it for "underage" users is a wise precaution, but we shouldn't imagine it means that people won't take them anyway....

btw, the human brain doesn't really mature until mid 20's. So any ideas of reducing usage by teens on the basis that they're brains are developing and need to be "kept clean" is a bit rich, since if you follow it through to the logical conclusion the "underage" limit should be around 25.

That and the fact that we would happily give our kids a sip of beer when they're 10, or perhaps even have one with them when they're 15. Would you give a kid panadol? Opiate based painkillers like codeine? These are either dangerous or highly psychotropic or even just plain recreational drugs.... if you want your kids to develop clean, perhaps locking them in a cell for 24hrs a day might work, but in reality it's not going to happen.

Geeze, you can't half tell I'm wasted can ya?

The key is that the choice has to be made by the parents, and there has to be an element of personal responsibility. If someone is young, that doesn't mean they're necessarily ready to use mind-altering substances, but it also doesn't necessarily mean they should be prevented from consuming it.

I agree young Jedi... :rolleyes:

...although, in alot of cases I don't think parents are that well informed either about the effects of marijuana use, in both the positive and negative.

They get a little pamphlet when their kids hit high school that basically says... "marijuana is bad"

so rather than try and understand why their kid would even be interested in using marijuana, they flip out... go on a rampage and blame it for the cause of all the problems with their rebellious teenager.

first.. educate the educator :whistle:

:whistle:

Pebbles