what is your opinion on young teens or even younger kids smoking pot

my opinion is very young people should not touch anything until they are mature enough to know and understand what they are doing.

i believe dope affects young people health because there are so many of them that have some form of mental illness. I know some of them experiment with other drugs too but i do know of some young people being affected only because they were regular smokers.

if you are old enough to get your hands on some bud and smart enough to know what it is then they can go for it. It's still a tiny minority that have mental illness and why should that be a barrier to enjoying one of natures divine creations? Gateway drug - phooey!!! :yahoo: If Kids want to try something they will. I tried meth before weed cause I wanted to.

I don't think that adults should encourage kids or juveniles to smoke weed or cigs but they should explain to them that the family home is a safe place to experiment - better than some ally and with supervision.

You sure post a lot of red wine questions... :thumbsup:

Jimbo :rolleyes: :xcited:

i personally think kids should stay away from all drugs until they have completed high school, bit hypocritical of me since i have been having the odd beer with my dad since i was like 10 and been smoking buds frequently since 15 :bandit: i just think that if the option of taking drugs and having a much better time with your friends than going to school and having a miserable and/or extremely boring day, is taken away from teens that alot more people would finish high school.

I also think that while their brains are developing, most drugs shouldnt be taken because you wouldnt want to impair its development or potential. but very small amounts of damage can be repaired and the occassional use of pot isnt so bad, especially in teens going through high levels of stress, anxiety, depression, etc. I found that if i was stressing over a test in high school that i would get only average scores, but if i smoked a joint a day or 2 before the exam it would relax me enough to concentrate on studying and i would get much higher scores :) that should be no means taken as a sign that you should smoke up before exams, no matter how you think about it taking a test high doesnt mean you'll get high scores :punk: i would just study in the days leading up until i was majorly stressed out and just needed time to myself, thats when i would fire up a joint in the garage, in the park, where ever really and then spend the next couple of hours watching life go by, thinking about all the shit going on in my life at the time, etc. and by the time my high wore off i was always feeling much better :) some people meditate, others do yoga, i smoke marijuana :thumbsup:

i personly think that anything over about 13-14 is fair age to have ya first try thats when i started wasnt all the time just a smoke here and there and look how i turned out

now i grow the herb :thumbsup:

anyhoo dont really like the thought of anyone younger than say yeah 14 havin a go

cheerz :Dj:

mixed reply really , when i was about 15 i started smokin pot but it was more of a Faze thing back then , I dont think anyone should do drugs unless they know what they are taking an knowing the risks .

I dont think i could Allow my daughters to smoke pot or cigs under 16 at all thou .

:xcited: lmao ..

ANd now I driiive the School bus!!! lol

But seriously .. there's worse things in life than getting "stoned" on "Marijuana" ... :peace:

I'd wish they all smoked 20 cones a day if it meant there were no violence or intimidation , greed and manipulation .. and all the other atrocities of societal life .. :yahoo:

The Dinosaurs are fading and will die .. even the very young know this .. SOme of us will have to rise to the competition eventually ..

And I say .. who better than an accomplished Stoner :peace:

Most people drink Alcohol in Oz .. I think thats agreed apon ... theres nuthin wrong with that either .. but I think you can maybe get to know some individuals a little better sometimes when they've had a few .. B)

In some European cultures its quite standard for the kids to have a diluted drink on special occassions (once a week hopefully :peace:) ..

ANd grow up to be very sturdy drinkers .. whether their decision making skills are up to scratch or not .. hmm ? .. depends I spose :)

Younger people , generally seem to know that the "adults" know more than them and therefore are a source , and command some respect .. but at the same time , the child is not stupid .. It senses that mum and/or dad seems to have no idea anymore about how wonderful the world is ;)

And I think this is important to remember ..

The lust for life is by far more important than politics and conforming to any given laws .. :toke:

But , having said that , I'm a little toasted and high to go on with this .. heh :sly: ..

Have a good one everyone .. and Cheerz :thumbsup:

Budman :whistle:

I didn't touch pot till i was 19

I guess it depends on who you spend the majority of your time with, and how they influence your decisions and choices.

I don't blame anyone for my pot use... better yet I'm informed and educated enough now to appreciate what marijuana has to offer, and feel that there's really no blame to be laid.

it really does come down to your understanding and education about what you're getting into that makes the difference. The ones that don't understand, or don't want to understand are the ones that imo would be likely to spiral out of control

on another level... kids smoking weed, to me, doesn't seem like the best way to promote the de-criminalisatoin of marijuana.

well.. thats me done

:)

Pebbz

I didn't touch pot till i was 19
Me either, I don't think kids or teenagers should be using any type of drugs while their brain is still developing and they are learning what they need for when they are suddenly faced with existing in the real world, if they want a decent job then they must have very good results when they leave school.

:)