Greens' cannabis shame

Mothers of overdose victims are calling for Ms Leonard to resign and say the revelation raises major questions over Mr Barber's judgment.

Yes, cause Nimbin of course openly supports hard drugs like heroin, meth and other shit you can overdose on /sarcasm. For fucks sake, there would more than likely have been more deaths in one night of Schoolies week than in the entire history of the Mardi Grass festival. It is a frikkin cannabis festival, openly supporting only cannabis, which is impossible to overdose on.

The illegal festival features widespread drug-taking, nudity and the Hemp Cup - a judging section designed to find the best marijuana.

Nudity!? Oh my sweet Lord in Heaven! Next they'll be burning their bras, staging sit-ins and growing their hair long! We must stop this! And heaven forbid we're actually picky about the quality of out cannabis and like to show off the good quality.

Ms Leonard refused to say whether she had taken any illegal drugs during her stay in Nimbin.

"The lifestyle choices I have made in the past are irrelevant. That is none of your business," she said.

Damn straight it isn't anybody's business.

It has also emerged that Ms Leonard was a speaker at a rally outside a court in Lismore, NSW, calling for anti-drug laws to be scrapped.

Oh, I'm sorry. I was unaware that they outlawed free speech in this country.

Jillian Parker, whose daughter Janelle died of a drug overdose at 15, said: "This woman should be dismissed.

And exactly how would this woman being in the Greens made a single jot of difference whatsoever when in came to her daughter jamming a needle in her arm and putting in a bit too much? How about she stops looking for people to blame, it's completely unjustified resentment.

"Drugs ruin lives and those of the drug users' extended families, and cannabis is rightly illegal.

Oh? Rightly according to whom? If tobacco and weed switched places, she'd be saying the exact same thing about tobacco, guaranteed.

"They must have known her background. It really raises questions about the Green Party."

Yes it does . . . how do I support this woman and the party that supports her anyway I can? XD

---

I really believe my IQ level dropped a few points just from reading that drivel. Reefer Madness, will it ever leave?

I’ll bet you the Mother of Overdose victims only represent a small number of overdose victims' Mothers. A lot wouldn't feel comfortable coming forward publicly due to the whole drugs taboo. Mothers Against OD are just the politically correct lot who have turned to the "dark side". Because most mothers would hate and revile the prohibitionists, surely realising that they have most contributed to their child’s death. Without prohibition most overdoses would not occur, in fact drug use would become quite safe. So, to actually side with the persons who set up the prohibition which led to the problems that their child encountered requires a certain type of hatred, a certain type of bitter.

To not be able to distinguish between heroin and cannabis speaks of hatred. The real problem she should have is with the governments prohibition policy because under it people can readily obtain drugs. I mean if Jillian Parker really would think about it she should wonder why it is so easy to get drugs under prohibition and then realise that people in and associated with the government are selling it at the same time as prohibiting it. If the government really wanted to stop drug use it could simply by removing freedom. Introduce compulsory whole population drug testing and unwarranted house to house searches and the whole thing would be over in a year or two. Jee, Ms Parker I WONDER WHY THEY DON'T DO THAT? Because: someone's making a lot of money out of it, that's why. To use your childs death in favour of the perpetuation of the system that they died under is a crazy kind of warped. Third degree drug psychosis I would call it, drug psychosis of the kind caused by hating drugs and drug users, not by actually taking them :thumbsup:.

To be that warped and illogical can only mean one thing: one day they will call for the death of all drug users to rid society of this scourge - all in revenge for the loss of their child. In not being willing to confront the government as the cause of their childs death they turn their hate into fighting for the continued criminalisation of drug users. That's what I call a danger to society: a bigot loose on the streets calling for the end to free speech by calling for this politician to be sacked. (To me, organising this cannabis festival is an exercise in free speech.) But, the fight is not fair as drug users comments are always ridiculed in the media, so what can we do? They mean to destroy us at which point those in the government will just have a laugh at us... and have a drink. :bandit:

drugs don't ruin lives the draconian laws of our society ruin lives, if drugs were legalised and their production and distribution were controlled the jails would empty overnight, the resultant saving of huge funds spent on law enforcement and prisons by the state and federal governments on the "war on drugs" could be used for rehabilitation. It's way beyond time that politicians in Australia got some backbone and started making decisions that affect our society for the best interests of our society, not to suck to major foreign powers. After all politicians are elected to represent society, we are supposed to tell them what to do, not the other way around.

As far as i am concerned we are heading down a very dangerous path that is rapidly becoming more and more difficult to turn back on. Who wants to be like America?, they have one of the most fucked up societies on the planet, it's way beyond time we became truly independent and become a contributiing member of the region we live in, instead of being a sycophant sheriff to Uncle fucked up Sam

Who owns the paper? Come to that, can anyone point me to a current list of media ownership in this country? :thumbsup:

The Herald Sun is owned by News Corporation, which is controlled by Rupert Murdoch.

Rupert Murdoch also created the fox news channel, which is pure conservative propaganda. This man is a enemy to anyone who whats a non bias media :whistle: :xcited:

:whistle: , God forbid we ever see nudity or use a drug .. SHock horror !!! :peace:

Um ..

:peace:

Read about it in the Newspapers people :xcited: We after all rely on them to tell us the truth or at least lie about it ..

Is that cynical? .. shit , I should consult my local "SOmething" corporation and seek advice I spose , they have a magic potion one would think .. yah :yahoo:

Anyway .. these closed minded and sheltered beings certainly have alot to grasp .. maybe they should pass along the baton .. as the relay race has nearly finished!!! .. or at least let us hope so :thumbsup:

Cheerz :peace:

Budman :toke:

The daughter in question died of an overdose of prescription drugs.

Check this link.

If you think the Greens should've checked up on the background of Ms. Leonard, remember, this is the Herald Sun. They don't employ journalists, they employ right wing hacks who try (often successfully) to sway public opinions with lies.

From checking other, genuine sources, Ms. Leonard seems only to have advocated the same harm minimisation approach to drug abuse that the Greens themselves support.

Apparently this Herald Sun article, or extracts thereof, is now being letterboxed by the Liberal party as part of their federal election campaign.

"Some Scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." - Frank Zappa

Edited by frank_frink