Vertical lighting tips

yep Bufo.. a balance of everything..

of course the plants will grow towards the light.. you only have to watch a sunflower to see that... MJ is NO different, but they do stretch for the canopy, once they've reached the canopy and receiving the light they tend to stop stretching ..

the thing with having the plants as close to lights as possible.. is a myth.. when you can safely have your lights 30cm from the top of the canopy.. adding cool tubes so you can get them 20cm from the canopy wont make a lot of difference in bud size.

Cool tubes just allow you put bigger lights in a smaller area, by expelling the heat.. using the right size room for the right size lights.. there should be no need for them.. on a normal type of grow..

on a grow like jimbo is looking to set up.. I can certainly see the benefits of the cool tubes.. not only to expel heat.. but more to use up as much space as possible.. those few extra cm's he will gain.. will probably make all the difference..

its certainly a different concept.. i have to admit.. be good to see you nail this one Jimbo.. and im sorry i really cant help you as i dont really know enough to be any assistance..

looking forward to see how it goes if you decide to nut it out..

Now that is a very good point about the cool tubes SS.

To get the maximum size crop out of the 600, the plants will need to be 600mm? from the light on all sides? So if ventilation is adequate and with a fan below the lowest lamp and an exhaust above the highest lamp the temps should be fine. As we discussed the other night 30-40 degree heat in the cab, no dramas, as long as the root zone is kept cool.

I'm not pushing any air off the 400's at the moment and they are hardly burning anything at 200mm away.

Next time I'll just be putting a small fan below the lamps