Wetherill Park police have charged a 48-year-old Vietnamese man after raiding a hydroponic cannabis home in Smithfield today at 7am.

They confiscated 264 cannabis plants with a street value of $300,000, along with drug equipment including lamps, chemicals, containers and extractor fans.

The man was charged with cultivate cannabis, divert electricity and operate drug premises.

He was refused bail to appear at Bankstown Local Court this afternoon.

Picture by Helen Nezdropa

Author: Fairfield Champion

Date: May 25, 2007

Source: www.fairfieldchampion.com.au

Copyright: © 2006. Fairfield Champion

post-19-1180134048_thumb.jpg

LMAO Mulla... lol

Gotta luv the dust masks that the tossers are wearing. Seems to be a bit extreme. I'd imagine the NSW Gov would have a few asbestos riddled buildings around the place, wouldn't mind betting dust masks are aren't handed out at the front door of those joints...

STOP THE BULLSHIT PROPAGANDA YOU WANKERS...

EDIT: I might try 'n russle up some MSDS (material safety data sheets) from various nutrient/additive makers. By law they're meant to provide them to anyone upon request. Try 'n find out why the fuzz reckon they need to use dust masks and gloves for these raids...

lol

i think you would prolly find that they have to wear gloves in any raid nowdays, and i think the masks could be more for the soil dust. isnt there a disease you can get from potting mix? yep i just found this.

http://www.metrokc.gov/health/news/00090101.htm

?? how come the big drop in value ?? should have been worth millions.........hahahaha

True sunny Legionnaires can come from soil and certain ventilation systems. But i'd imagine a lot of hydro systems are soiless nowadays, and the vent systems most peeps use aren't the type that can provide an enviroment for legionnaires.

Though it does appear this grow does use soil or coco.

:scratchin:

not that i'm siding with them or anything, but you sit back and put yourselves in to their shoes, they walk in to a hyro grow setup. noxious weeds every where(hehe) chemical bottles every where. remember they thinking like a copper not a grower, so everything they see is poisons and shit.

Yup, i can see it from both sides of the fence. TBH, if they're that concerned about chems/viruses/bacteria, each raid would have to have a risk assessment carried out before entering any enclosed enviroment, so unless one of the coppers is a WPH&S officer that can carry out this assessment, by law the enclosed enviroment should'nt be entered.

So infact, they're breaking WPH&S legislation by not carrying out the risk assessment and presenting it back to head office with recomendations of what safety gear and proceedures are to be used before carrying out the raid.

So going by that picture alone, they're breaking the laws themselves by working in an enclosed enviroment (their workplace) by using inadequate safety gear.

The only way around it that i can see them getting away without doing the assessment is if the grower/owner themselves is a WPH&S officer has already done this and provide the coppers the safety gear and proceedures to carry out work within the enclosed enviroment, and the coppers themselves have got to FULLY understand all that is spelt out, and signed by each one entering.

But what's the chances of that, pretty damn slim i bet... lol

Sorry Sunny, not trying to be a shithead. Just tryin' to explain to the best of my knowledge of what is expected by law...

:scratchin: