Flavouring Buds ?

Hi again...........

I have a question now regarding Flavouring Buds.......

I read a post awhile back where a guy put orange peels in the jar with the buds........

Does this really permantly INFUSE the buds with an orange smell ? what i mean is, they may smell like orange whilst the peel is in the jar with them, but say after a few weeks you take all the buds out and put them in a new clean jar that hasnt ever had any orange peel in it, will the buds stay smelling like orange or will it fade after a while ?

Also, could you use vanilla pods to flavour the buds like vanilla ? i love the smell of fresh vanilla pod....

cheers

Jason

the smell and taste fade after a bit, but with proper storage you can make them last months :bleh:

btw, you can use anything you want to infuse a bit of smell and taste, ie. bubblegum, dried fruits, vanilla pods, food flavourings, fruit skins like mango, banana, orange, etc. you just have to remember that what ever you use to give the bud that extra taste and smell will also give it some moisture so you will have to check on the buds and more than likely dry them out on a daily basis :bleh:

I can thoroughly recommend the vanilla capsule. :bleh: Just leave it whole in a jar with some weed, occasionally air it out to watch moisture levels and you'll be stoked with the results.

What do you mean by a vanilla capsule, apart from its a capsule ?

Ive heard of vanilla essnece, vanilla pods etc.......

what do people usually use vanilla capsules for , and where to buy them ?

cheers

JSA

I mean the pods, but the correct terminology for em is capsules. These are orchid seed capsules, not pods.

But yeah, get the vanilla capsule in a tube from most supermarkets, masterfoods also have em there in small cellophane bags like the herbs. Try the herb/spices section, and if all else fails, ask someone for help. Most peeps will call em pods, but I'm an orchid nutter so I prefer that people use the correct terms.... sorry if that caused any confusion.