Government plans to ban bongs 2

Cannazine, I note your headline about Oz smokers being indifferent to the ban. I guess we are used to our chosen lifestyle being under constant threat from the authorities. However i think the ban sucks

Hi freddie;

By indifferent I meant in so far as it wont change a great deal one way or another for you guys, and life will go on much the way it does today.

I agree wholesale on the vaporizers etc, being a harm reduction method and to prove a point here's a little known fact, (no I dont work for them :) ).

In the area of Germany where they manufacture the volcano vaporizer, the local "chamber of commerce" for want of a better analogy, offers an annual award for innovation and a year or so back, Storz & Bickel were awarded this prize for innovation. On a product your government (and possibley mine at some stage) suggests is banned.

It never ceases to amaze that they just dont realise people are going to smoke weed come what may, and spend the enforcement money on educating people to responsible use.

Ah..life seems so easy to sort out at 4:40 am with a coffee and a joint of cured critical mass smouldering in the ashtray. :)

Reefer madness hysteria is not a condition exclusive to the southern hemisphere. It happens on forums iin the north too :doh:.

Thanks for the heads up Jess :thumbsup:

since the politicians own the bong making companies and are the same people who are saying they should be banned, has anyone considered that they might be trying to make their sales a bit higher? its a great idea when you think about it, most stoners love their shop bought bongs and know they dont last forever so they would want to stock up before they became "impossible" to obtain :thumbsup:

then again, if they were to ban bongs and keep vapes for sale i would have to be all for that. the vapour may look smokey, but compared to bong smoke it is virtually harmless so just for the sake of making the consumption of marijuana safer i would be a-ok and gradually change over to vapes as my collection of bongs starts to run a little low :)

Whoa there Cannazine this is a HUGE assumption on your part

If the ban comes into being, the OZ Stoners will carry on shopping the way they

always have. From a catalogue, or a website. Jess Stone on the other hand, will

doubtless carry on making his own!...Cannazine website

I think you misunderstand what I have said BIG time,I was pointing out what the reality is here in Oz ,at no time did I say or imply that I use "orchy bongs"

Bongs were banned from sale as I said in the late 70's early 80's I think early 80's is the actual era and despite the ban they have always been available shops have a colour catalogue and you pick your model and they sell it to you wrapped up,the law as I have kept stating and I know personally as I have retailled bongs in the past and may or not have even faced charges in court over this but I will not publicly state the full facts as it would make it to easy to data match me and expose myself to danger.

I have only ever really used "orchy style bongs" as disposable travel bongs, my home bongs ever since the ban have always been glass or ceramic(fat stem essential)

PM if you want to know more,I can tell you exactly how this legislation came into being as it happened almost but not quite around me,and NO I'm not the one who caused it but I know the 2 main culprits who were(not friends or acquaintences or even business associates but I had met them)

my current one looks similar to this but no designs on it and mine is a lot bigger

http://cannabisheaven.co.uk/gr53s.gif 5 years old and mine looks like new as this shape is SO easy to clean ,bottle brush soaked in metho and a pinch of laundry detergent and its new and unused looking again. :thumbsup:

ps could you please edit out the assumption about me that you made ,I have often and more times than not even if desperate have knocked back having a smoke through these horrible bongs - FACT ,my own when neccessary ALWAYS had a METAL or Glass stem never disgusting garden hose ,fuck me they kill you you can taste the plastic stem burning and plastic gives off fumes and garden hose is not Food Grade plastic even for water for human consumption due to toxic fumes given off at even room temperature and with flames on them well you might as well just stick your head in an oven as it's probably less toxic than burning plastics <-- scary,scary story :)

Edited by Jess Stone

:).

I was smiling as I typed it. I guess the irony doesn't travel well. lol

Oooh sounds like you have a story to tell Jess..do tell more?

I got piles of wild stories buddy I've been toking up since the Summer of '69 ,that's 1969 ,you know last century ^_^ :) BUT you email me at Drug Test Scam to get those ones :doh: :) :thumbsup:

Dont think Ive heard of a "orchy bong" but back in the ninties I remember where I live everyone had a spring valley bong, even though bongs are perfectly legal here everyone wanted a springer :)

I used to love those bongs, it was just a glass OJ bottle ( or a spring valley bottle which has a wide opening) with a plastic tube moulded on over the top as the mouth piece then all you needed to do was buy the cone, stem and gromet and you where set, all for about $15.

I know off ya tree now sells bongs which are the same concept that go for about $70 the plastic tubes do come in diffrent colours though :thumbsup:

These are the best home made bongs because the weed is being burnt in the glass bottle while you can mould the plastic tubing to your own face shape :)