Governments bid to ban bongs

Article by The Age:

The commonwealth and states are to consider banning equipment used to smoke cannabis, including bongs, says a federal government source.

The plan was discussed at a ministerial council on drugs strategy meeting today in Adelaide, and is expected to be revealed at a press conference.

The states have agreed that the Federal Government should write a proposal to either regulate or ban the display, sale and importation of the drug paraphernalia.

The proposal will be considered at a later meeting.

"It's quite significant because there has been quite a proliferation of these shops around Australia that sell equipment that's being used for the inhalation of cannabis," the source said.

Source: The Age

Author: AAP

Date: May 16, 2007 - 11:51AM

Copyright: © 2007

lmfao yeah ay :peace: that and the fact they'd have to ban hoses pet bottles an just about anything and every thing that can be used to toke or eat cannabis wid hahaugh...

they soon will relize that cannabis is jus a frigen plant it aint like fucking cocaine (also a plant) which undergoes a fucking shit load of chemical treating an crap to make the coca shurbs into the crack an cocaine powders that fuck people up.

-Ice / methamphetamines / speed that shit in general is fucking people up and killing them... thats where they got to take action along with the more east australian problems of heroin too...

Lsd a.k.a. acid well yeah I have been trippen a few times and been told of and seen for myself people that it destroyed... acid is strange, i seem to be able to handle it once or twice a year, its the sort of thing that is too also contrevesral so i in no way defend it, and when a friend asks "how would i be on acid" i advice them not to go there.

in all honesty i think the government is jsut trying to protect australia as a whole , by that i mean i think that in their law and in their minds they believe that cannabis is in the same catagory as heroin ice and cocanine an all that.

I think that some of them know that alcohol is worse than cannabis.

but the public as a free nation, wont ever conform to anothers view if it conflicts with their own.... thats just people :peace:

anyway i am sure in time as these harder drugs continue to ruin lives the government will have no time to hassel the cannabis lifestyle and have no choice to crack the fuck down (harden the fuck up) on these fucking drugs that are fucking people and their communities up FOR REAL!..

...government is just another way to say, better, than, you.

an the police are the governments gang,

law is their religion..

I need some imput form some canadians sive canada has a hemp industry...how did you legislate the hemp industry? and how avalible is clothing paper ect what is made?

"Alcohol may be the worst drug due to its wide spread social acceptance, use/abuse and unspoken dangers of it's side effects" was said on the 9am show today i find that to be true imo

over time there will be a lot of countires legalizing cannabis for the hemp industry, as for cannabis for recreational is well i think that jus might happen too with a lil helping hand from edward ganja seeders lol

The Government is going to ban bongs?

OH NOES!!!!!! NOW I CAN NEVER SMOKE POT EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!

Seriously, what are they actually trying to accomplish by doing this? How is banning bong sales going to make an impact on the numbers of people using cannabis? It's not whatsoever, that's how.

Like a lack of apparatus is going to stop us. Can't get a real one, oh well, I'll just get a powerade bottle, a conepiece and a garden hose. Presto! Smoking up with no purchases necessary.

It's "off ya tree".

And this is just Chris Pyne doing the "Aren't I a good drug warrior" dance for the cameras. I doubt whether even if such laws were passed, that they would ever be enforced. (at least en-masse, cos they'd probably try and make an example of a few shops at first.)

God, Joynt Venture must be spewing.