Should i tip.

Paranoid

Hi all,

I'm wondering weather i should tip or not.

My grow space is 1m x 1m x 2+mh, This gives me a hight of 1200 room for growth, I have 5 plants under a 400hps.

My plants are up around the 8 inch mark now.

So, Should i tip these or just let them grow?.

Roughly, How tall should i let them grow before turning to flower and using up my space?.

Any help/Advice much appreciated,

Thanks heaps.

Paranoid.

Guest Urbanhog

They should reach about 20-30cm high veg stage then switch to 12/12 and the flowering stage will grow other 2 foot so ...you will have 2.5-3.5 foot tall plants its the flowering stage that most of the growth cames from in my observations. Because if you let them grow in veg stage to 2-3 foot tall then flower, you might have some height problems, as they might end up growing over a metre tall. I usually veg for 3-4 weeks tops no more than that, ....then flower for other 8 or so weeks depending on the strain of course lol

No need to tip them, if they are over foot tall now, maybe you should start switching to the 12/12 stage and watch your babies bloom! :P

Cheers,

Urbanhog http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/sp/chefico.gif

They should reach about 20-30cm high veg stage then switch to 12/12 and the flowering stage will grow other 2 foot so ...you will have 2.5-3.5 foot tall plants its the flowering stage that most of the growth cames from in my observations. Because if you let them grow in veg stage to 2-3 foot tall then flower, you might have some height problems, as they might end up growing over a metre tall. I usually veg for 3-4 weeks tops no more than that, ....then flower for other 8 or so weeks depending on the strain of course lol

No need to tip them, if they are over foot tall now, maybe you should start switching to the 12/12 stage and watch your babies bloom!  :P

Cheers,

...if they r ova a foot tall now then yes imo i would tip and trian out to keep it same hight but create more tips out to each side once you have a circlar bush approx 1.5 foot tall with several to 10 tips then turn to 12/12 and enjoy lots of colas instead of just 1 or 2 per plant.

i mean the idea of growing is to get max yeild for the space and plants you have ....agian just my opion :P

Guest Urbanhog

Yeah I argee with W.S. if they are over foot high still in veg stage specially if plan to grow indoors. lol

Well there's a other opinion for you paranoid then :P

cheers,

Guest Urbanhog
g'day; Bonza Bud is good to keep plant small.no need to tip if using Bonza Bud.

Can you tell us bit more information about this product? expensive or what? how much? how often you put in the plants pots, which stage of the plant's cycle? does this affect the taste of the weed? etc etc tell us as much you can will be great. How long the product will last for/how many plants how many crops, etc etc ?? Just for hydro? or can use on soil also? Can use outdoors too? Safe to eat the buds/leaves for my cooking?? lol

If sounds interesting, might order one, and try one and one without and compare the results on the same strain.

Cheers for your time,

g'day; Bonza Bud is available from R&D aquaponics in wetherill park nsw, also at simply hydro, pendle hill nsw.(see phone book for address and ph#).

$20 for 50ml bottle, use 4ml per litre of water or nutrient mix. use as foliar spray or water directly to grow medium.

active ingredient is 4mg/l paclobutrazol.

if kept in fridge it should last for long time.i use it often to control indoor sativa.

overdose will cause dwarfed or stunted plants.

never use Bonza Bud on mother plant, clones are very hard to root if you do so.clones will likely not grow either.

it shortens internode length and can increase chances of females.also increases yield enough to notice.

use at any time during veg or early into flowering.

if using bubbling bucket method of hydro, only use 2ml per litre of nutrient mix.

is safe for food crops also.

i have been using it since '95, great product, read instructions supplied.

Guest Urbanhog
g'day; Bonza Bud is available from R&D aquaponics in wetherill park nsw, also at simply hydro, pendle hill nsw.(see phone book for address and ph#).

$20 for 50ml bottle, use 4ml per litre of water or nutrient mix. use as foliar spray or water directly to grow medium.

active ingredient is 4mg/l paclobutrazol.

if kept in fridge it should last for long time.i use it often to control indoor sativa.

overdose will cause dwarfed or stunted plants.

never use Bonza Bud on mother plant, clones are very hard to root if you do so.clones will likely not grow either.

it shortens internode length and can increase chances of females.also increases yield enough to notice.

use at any time during veg or early into flowering.

if using bubbling bucket method of hydro, only use 2ml per litre of nutrient mix.

is safe for food crops also.

i have been using it since '95, great product, read instructions supplied.

so you mean you use this product on the plants more than once? :) or only once in the whole plant's cycle/growth...? Sorry for the questions, I am very keen on this product.

Cheers,