Think i've added uneven amount of nutes,,,again. javascript:emotic

a measuring cup for sure dude, i do 200ml and 200ml at a time and would take forever with a 1ml besides they are something i dont need the boys finding if they ever visit. is bad enough now. get your self an EC meter from your local hydro shop and check you levels to the T. is one of the most valueable tools i use as well as the ph meter.

yeah thx for the reply dude............got some good advice asking this (seemingly) simple question, glad i swallowed my pride & sought the advice of ppls here.

i've got an EC meter (even though some call me a tard for needing one), i bought one of the Blue Truncheons.

they have EC,PPM & CF (whatever that does)..........got a digi PH meter too.

i love my Truncheon, great for n00b growers like me.

yeah i am now using a measuring cup,i actually took Sukonmis' advice, i mix up in a big(ish) container which i use a nute-reservoir (of sorts) & empty a litre at a time into my pressurized spray bottle which i then water my plants with..........saves times & energy.

for my 1st indoor grow i'm going totally manual, i am the water pump, the light timer ,etc & when i finish this grow i'll make a decision as to which hydro system will work best for me....................also, i wanted to see how my new grow room handled re' the lights,temps,humidity, ease of access,etc.

glad i didn't go all out & use an automated system b4 i knew the nuances of my grow room.

it's amazing how things one didn't account for raise their ugly head(s) over time.

seriously do yourself a favour and get a few things dude.

2 24 hour timers;hpm brand $15 at the local hardware but use a better known brand not the cheap chinese shit, a 6 point powerboard; again $15 for a pack of 2 hpm brand jobs, an aquirium pump size depending on how many plants you have. makes life a whole lot easier 1 timer for your lights 1 timer for your watering pump, fans run 24hrs. all you got to do is feed them and top up or change the water and sit back and watch your baby's turn into ladies. even old school growers use ph and cf meters cause things change and can buggar it all up with out you knowing it. EC and CF are the same thing only one has a decimal point, some smarty that devised the measurement system forgot to put the decimal in one of his papers and it stuck. note the ec and cf measurements on your trunchion only difference is the point.how exactly do you use the presurized spray bottle? sounds very time consuming. i use a 50 litre tub and half fill it, add my 180-200ml of a and b veg and fill the tub to the level( that mixes the nutes well too) and flick the switch and close the door and walk out. cones anyone?? more time to do the good things in life. :toke:. but each to thier own.

post-11220-1175091726_thumb.jpg

post-11220-1175091793_thumb.jpg

post-11220-1175093691_thumb.jpg

Edited by sunnycoaststoner

dude, flicking a light switch ain;t exactly a strain & if i'm not their i get my olds to do it.

plus i tend to vary the amount of light my plants get by a few hrs here & there depending on heat & how the plants look.

if its steaming hot outside i'll give them a full 6 hrs dark but if not i only give them 4 hrs at most, usually i just leave them on 24/7 so it's no biggie.

i'm still sussing what i want in an auto setup & light timers is the last thing i'll ever buy coz i just dont need them.

the plunger was pissing me off coz i didn't think to use a bigger container so i could measure out more nutes but now i got 15 litres it's all cool.

i like to water my plants, i listen to tunes for 15 mins & do the business twice a day.

it's like my excerise, i don't strain myself much so i don't mind sitting on a chair & pointing a stream of water at a few pots to strengthen the old arms....lol.

watering the plants is when i look at them & see where i should improve & whats working, i think it's a much smarter way when u have a new grow room & its ur 1st indoor grow.

ive had plenty friends buy (ie) a flood & drain only to soon after want a bubbler or DWC (etc).

i must be doing s'thing right coz my plants look very good atm & my only worry at all is if they're male or female.

i got plenty free time,i'm on a pension + i'm extremely spoilt, i don't have to worry about paying bills for food or rent or broadband or whatever, my olds pay for everything in my life except for drugs & clothes so i can't really justify making them pay for timers etc i dont need.

they paid for the grow room, they paid for the lights truncheon etc....................one day i'll move out & have to work harder at life but untill then it's hard to get fussed over switching a light & watering 4 plants.

cheers for all the comments fellas, i've taken the advice on board & already acted on some of the advice.