Think i've added uneven amount of nutes,,,again. javascript:emotic

i've got a sneaking suspicion i put 2ml extra of pt A canna (veg) than pt B.

i've had to increase the volume of water/nutes i use due to more plants & the maturity of them (more nutes period), this means it's harder for a tard like myself to keep track of amounts.

i have quite bad short term memory & i find that even when i write it down as i add i can screw things up......ie) can't work out whether the tick i add for each ml (as i add) means i've just added said amount or am about to add said amount................i've gotta get a bigger syringe imo.

it peeves me no end coz i Really try to be militant in getting it right coz i know that it's extremely bad to have uneven amount of nutes but i can't rewind what i've (maybe) done.

i've already watered my plants so i can't just tip out the nutes & start again.

i already wasted a heap of nutes (by chucking them out) due to this sort of screw up & @ 30 bucks+ for pt A it becomes an expensive screw up.

my question is, should i assume i have screwed up & , if so, what should i do to try & rectify?

ie) should i flush my plants w ph adjusted water, wait till tomorrow & feed as normal?

any suggestions as to what i should do would be much appreciated.

i use a 1ml syringe to add nutes to water so i'm thinking i need a syringe that is @ least 5-6 ml to i stop the multiple times i have to extract+add nutes.

---> what do u guys use to add ur nutes to water?

i only hand water atm & am very keen to get a system happening that has a reservoir.

i'm sorry for the longish post, this is something that has been bothering me all week, thx for ur time regardless of whether u reply or not (venting helps me deal w' my screw ups)

so u think a measuring cup would be better than (say) a 6ml syringe?

i like syringes coz they are so accurate & u don't spill them........+ it makes me look all pro.

then again, when the level in ur nute bottle gets low u can't suck the nutes out & gotta put some in a cup to then suck out.

if i had an accurate measuring cup it'd remove the need to add to a cup then suck out of it.

OK wtc, u have sold me,the measuring cup it is......................is cheaper than a syringe, easier when ur levels get low & u don't have an ass of a time cleaning them.

(w a syringe u always get a small amount of A or B left inside, if ur not militant in cleaning the plunger/etc ur always mixing undiluted nutes.....even though only a miniscule amount, it can;t be beneficial?)

thx for ur time..................i know it ain;t rocket science but i like to know what tools ppl use out of general curiosity............often ppl have reasons which one may not have thought of themselves.

U can get 60mil syringe to use for ya nutes but the other thing i dont like about syringes is that the markings ware off and then u cant see how much u have in there so if u only need 20mls in a 60mls syringe it will be a bit hard to get it rite with all the marking worn off. so yep the measuring cup is the way to go imho...

well how much nutrients are you mixing at a time??? are you hand watering??

my suggestion would be to get a larger tub to mix up in... now if your nutrient says... 3 mil per liter or what ever.. make the nutrients at 10liters at a time... and up it to the 30ml per 10 liters... i would get a drum... and mix up say 50liters of nutrients at a time... then just ad an aerator to keep in oxygenated.. this way you will get a way better mixing.. and if your levels are slightly out by a few mil. then it wont matter much at all... a lot less head fucks.. and a lot easier to keep track of...

ah ish, i must've deleted the part where i mention i'm hand watering for this 1st indoor grow, sorry.

(wanted to learn all i can manually before i go auto for my 2nd grow)

that idea re' mixing a big tub & aerating is solid.........i;m gonna look into it.........i have a big plastic garbage bin i could use & get an airstone to stick in the bottom.

ur point about a ml or 2 making much less difference/impact w' more volume is a great point.

thx for the idea Sukonmi, never thought to do it that way, it'll save a lot of time & mistakes on my part.

yeah i agree OzMade about the levels wearing off syringes, i should've put that in my post where i was listing cons of using a syringe coz that;s one big con i have suffered.

it's like they use wash-off ink to apply it or the nutes must burn it off coz the lines wear away hella fast.

gone thru a few syringes already, lucky the 1ml ones are free.

thx for ur time guys, really appreciate u taking the time to answer such a seemingly simle question.

yeah pacificrim, looks like ya got plenty of ideas now. Must've been a pain in the coit using that 1ml syringe.

Just a note though on the syringe, if ya ever use one again. Never stick it in the nute bottle directly. You only risk upsetting the balance of your remaining nutes, no matter how well you clean it. As you've already said, nutes are too expensive to waste.

Best of luck mate, you're on the right track now.

Cheers.