Strange Coloured Leaves

I have grown plants that have turned to a silvery grey colour as they mature. If it isnt mold ( powdery mildew is easy see it is a mold ) or obvious insects, I wouldnt be too concerned boa. Mine were a haze strain from memory. As the chlorophyl dissapears from the leaves the natural leaf colour becomes obvious, from deep reds to yellow and almost white sometimes, just like autumn leaves. I havnt seen silvery grey often but i know it occurs.

took a few pics this arvo..I took a lot more which seemed to be blurred and out of focus.. :toke:

anyhow , I have 3 strains growing in this garden bed...Indy, Rhino and Mango.. B) ..I've tried to compare the leaves of each one.. B)

post-1074-1174296046_thumb.jpgthe best close up I took.. :whistle:

post-1074-1174295800_thumb.jpgRhino...indy..mango

post-1074-1174295863_thumb.jpgRhino..indy

post-1074-1174295923_thumb.jpgtop to bottom..Rhino..indy..mango..this pic prob shows it best

post-1074-1174295980_thumb.jpgleaf from underneath..looks ok...

lol @ Fraz..It kinda does look a bit like a silver overspray..I reckon 2 weeks and I pull em.. :toke:

thc..nuh, not thrip mate.. lol used to get thrip in Vic, but dont seem to get them in Qld..

Mong..I rubbed the leave like shit...nothing ...leave still looked the same..definately in the colour of the leaf.. :toke: as I said earlier mate..I have grown this strain inside and out quiet a few times, but never with leaves this colour..

I will keep u all informed.. :peace:

Hey guys. been looking at those leaves and reading the posts. some of the leaves seem to be holding green pigment in their veins. as i said , i think i've had this a few times over the years. it does look like overspray and it does'nt wipe off. and it spreads. i think its some type of spore thing that feeds off chlorophyll. and it seems more common in humid wheather, which gels with it being mildew, mould, or something similar. :whistle:

never did much damage to my girls though. Still, it'd be interesting to know for sure...cheers...B.B.... :toke:

yeah, bush buggered...it sure is strange to me..cheers

mull, you may well be right..SS could be right...I know if you rub the leaf, it still looks the same, nothing rubs off it..thanks for replies everyone.. lol

a quick update and a few pics of the Indy.. ;)

post-1074-1174725636_thumb.jpgshe sure looks silvery

post-1074-1174725749_thumb.jpgbud close up

post-1074-1174725835_thumb.jpganother bud close up

post-1074-1174725959_thumb.jpgnoticed this 2 days ago..its the only bud like it..

post-1074-1174726045_thumb.jpgfrom memory.. :doh: this plant started as a clone inside, around november..when

put outside it started to bud..after a month or so ..it then reverted to veg before buds were ready...so it grew for a month or so , then budded.. :doh: you can see the bottom foot of the plant where it originally budded..

I decided to pull the plant in the next few days.. ;) It may be a week early..just not sure..but the time has come..

I will post a few harvest pics during the week.. lol

defo budrot bongon - it is a fungal rot and the moisture gets into the inner bud and sits. It's common in rainy areas,

I don't know if the proble can be reversed but you couldtry removing the spoilled section and do daily inner bud inspection for removal

Goodluck saving some bud and inspect well before you smoke as you don't want to end up with a respiritory infection :doh:

Edited by nitram