What nutrients do you use?

What nutrients do you use?  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Got a bit of a collection, first used canna Vega and Flora, then switched to the Advanced nutrients Sensi range (still got a set of bloom, will use them in the DWC once I flip).

Currently using GT Optimum grow in the DWC systems and Dutch Fest Hydro coco for the coco (duh).

On the topic of advanced nutrients, I have had great results with their Sensi A+B nutes, and also use "Revive" which is a deficiency/stress recovery aid, it seems to be almost as good as they claim. To be honest I have less issues with the Sensi than with Canna, using Canna my ph would slip to 7.4 overnight after top ups, the Sensi only slips to 6.8 or 7.

I believe that their is an over emphasis on nutrients among hydro growers. Of course nutrients are vitally important but to put it in perspective even nitrogen only accounts for 3% of plant dry matter. Commercial hydroponic growers grow tomatoes in glass houses as big and healthy than anyones weed plant and yet they use just a standard hydro formulation that costs around $.86 a liter to make (in bulk), and thats in a 200:1 concentrate meaning 5ml per liter will give u an EC of 20. All you can ask from you hydro nute is that it have available nutes and nutes with basic form of NPK and chelated micros do this fine. The rest of your money is being spent on brand creation but personally i dont think that plants really care about brands.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I am currently using Nutrifield Nutes and I am extremely happy with the results. I have previously used Canna , House and Garden and Gt Optimum. I got great results with all those products, I just find for the money the NF stuff is fantastic, more so the finished product. Ive heard good things about Dutchmaster Gold. I wont get started on additives though lol

I am currently using Nutrifield Nutes and I am extremely happy with the results. I have previously used Canna , House and Garden and Gt Optimum. I got great results with all those products, I just find for the money the NF stuff is fantastic, more so the finished product. Ive heard good things about Dutchmaster Gold. I wont get started on additives though lol

Hiya Meddle :peace:

Are you in coco?  I'm about due for a purchase and have been considering the Nutrifield range.  How are the dilution rates compared to canna A+B?  The price is nice for their coco nutes anyway.  I used Nutrifield coco with my grow and was very pleased with the price and quality- *not selling just telling lol 

Looking at their additives I am at a loss for my Cannazyme and Rhizo equivalents.  Would you know if gogo juice displays the same outcomes as Rhizotonic?  If so, I'm staying with that cos its an inexpensive substitute as opposed to the Canna-although I have nothing to complain about with the Canna nutrients or additives.  If I had a shop here I would purchase them as a matter of course. i have been purchasing these items online and  any savings in price is a bonus to off-set the postage.  If It Does What it is Supposed to lol

Peace Meddle. v :sun:

Hi Mate, I am in coco, although I run some perlite mixed in, 80-20 or 70-30 depending on season (heat) . I also use clay balls lyered on the top to keep it dry, helping to preven gnats.

with NF Coco it uses from 15ml min(early) to 35ml max (late) per ten litres . I find that resonable. as for their additives, The nf Zyme in grow is awesome and Alaska pure for flower is a really top product. Being that their nutes are not fully synthetic, and organic based (why I like the finished product better). It can be a little messier to work with, you just have to clean your lines, res etc more frequently, but a little work never killed anybody. this can also mean Ph fluctuations as well, meaning you have to moniter and adjust. its not set and forget.

I only used the Cargo boost and Fulife additives once and I wasnt that impressed and found they add to the dirtyness , so to speak. I know guys who use the whole program who swear by it and acheive fantastic results.

No doubt Canna works, its just too overpriced. TBH if i was going to pay the extra money for imported gear I prefered H&G .

I also use additives from Grotek Which are sweet.

lol ive tried alot of differant things, but as a base I do like the NF coco, I was more impressed with the Nutrifield Elements nutes for other meduims. I tried a grow in straight clay balls and used this and it was great. I am back in coco now though because it suits me better.

• Upvote 1