Marijuana and Memory

The other day I did some school work(im 18 btw) while I was high and the only problems were that I worked fairly slowly but my answers were fairly comprehensive and answered the question. I can't remember the answers I wrote very well. I found that I was more involved and could concentrate on the task at hand than I usually can if I'm not under the influence of anything. I have ADD so my concentration isn't top knotch anyway because I get easily distracted if I am trying to do anything which I don't want to do but have to. Eg. some types of school work. However if it is something which I want to do (eg. reading a novel or building somthing) I can concentrate on it for hours at a stretch with no trouble.

So for me MJ isn't a learning tool, something like ritalin is great although it has shitty side affects.

When I'm mad baked I have a 2 second memory for most things but the next day I spring back to normal.

:D

the scientific research by Joan Bello is a must read for debunking memory mythz like dat

I hav read her book and fully recomend it for all budding herbalists

:xcited:

there are som studies of how cannabis effects learning pon students at schools in India and Jamaica

the results all but recommenede a big spliff before exams

hehe

and resent studdies of cannabis and dementia prove to be interesting reading

what about the 10% increase in IQ?????

try it ya self if ya can be bothered to stay straight nuff to do an IQ test twice

:D

then theres the --->kills brain cells myth

haha

they Proved -->THC grows brain cells

de thc relaxation qualities would be good before tests

being in an enhanced meditative state always helps with problem solving

errrrr

what were we talkin bout????

hehe

oh yer

i personally can sing and play 50odd tunez complete from memory

and i can do even better when i'm well stoned

gotta love dat

Hav a listen to 1 --->Tell de People

Guidance

Radic

Hash Oil Rulez

:peace:

hey guys just to say i give alot of credit especially for this post and the person that posted about eating plenty of omega 3 and fish. this may sound reeeeallly stupid but it will help all of us ALOT. smokin' bud kills brain cells. this is not too much of a problem as we have millions but the occasional bouts of memory loss can be reeeeeally annoying...... so.... eat fish and omega 3 (buy them in tablets from a health store/supermarket and you wont have as much memory loss..... and ass you all know you should keep taking your daily dose of vitamin G (Ganga) peace xxxxxx StONuT x

hey guys just to say i give alot of credit especially for this post and the person that posted about eating plenty of omega 3 and fish. this may sound reeeeallly stupid but it will help all of us ALOT. smokin' bud kills brain cells. this is not too much of a problem as we have millions but the occasional bouts of memory loss can be reeeeeally annoying...... so.... eat fish and omega 3 (buy them in tablets from a health store/supermarket and you wont have as much memory loss..... and ass you all know you should keep taking your daily dose of vitamin G (Ganga) peace xxxxxx StONuT x

:greedy:

hehe

There's more omega 3 in Hemp seed oil than Fish

and the latest reports are all comming up with the same results THC will not kill brain cells

THC grows Brain Cells

10% increase in IQ

20 different antibiotics

Number 6 of the safest known substancess pon de planet list

gotta love dat

Forward Cannabis

Heal de People

Heal de Land

Hash Oil Rulez

;)

after almost 7 years of smoking pot i have noticed a major drop in my memory recall ability ;) its like information gets stored behind a lock and key and my mind has to search for that key before i can open the door to release a memory or some crazy shit along those lines :)

I also have an extremely bad short term memory :) best proof of this imo is when im watching tv as i can be watching just about anything and the second the ad break comes on i totally forget what i was watching, the plot of the show, etc. and i wont be able to locate any memory of it until the show comes back on which is when im flooded with the memory of what i had seen before the ad break came on ;)

Although its probably just a naturally occurring ADD, i have also found that in my years of smoking my attention span has gone to shit lol it can get really bad at times, especially when watching movies because i tend to zone out into my own little world and before i know it i have missed 5-10 mins of the movie and have totally lost the plot lol i spose that can fall into a memory issue as i can be sitting infront of the tv looking and listening to it while off in my own world and still have no memory of what was on the screen, but i think its more of an attention span issue ;)

Reading this made me laugh, but also freaked me out.

The exact same thing happen's to me when im watching t.v.

I zone out while my eye's are still glued to the screen and end up missing 5 minute block's of the show.

Ad break's,I sometime's change the channel thinking their is something good on tonight.

Thank god for the wife.......she keep's me in line.

OK my hubby was IQ tested as a teen and again a couple of months ago and all it showed was he now has a higher IQ than when he was a teen, given he has always been in the top 2% and he works top end IT within Blue Chip companies I would say Cannabis has no effect either on short or long term memory and believe me he smokes much more than I do and has done since he was 17 some nearly 30 years ago.

So much for our experts, then again he always smokes home grown organic not hydro and its chemical cocktail additives. Perhaps that is the difference.

If I remember it is true!

Smoker or not, we do all start losing our memory at some stage but I reckon its because we have a system in our brain that only highlights what we sub conciously want to remember. Like it's taken me 24 hours to get in here cause I could'nt remember a few things like how to get in, what was it that I wanted to say when I did get in here?

Continuaty is what makes us remember things I think, anyway this is my debut post....... and I hope I remember how to get back in here.... feedback welcome if you can remember!

While sitting here wacked reading this thread I am reminded of something we were told as a class the day before our Ecology and Field Biology exam by our lecturer Bob Fitzgerald and i quote "If you go home and drink, smoke pot or use other drugs when you study, PLEASE do this before the exam,as he was sick of giving secendory exams to people who had gone to the exam straight and had failed who had then gone to the second exam after taking thier drug of choice and passing with distinction"

We remember what we want too, watch a film showing a nureons dendrite choosing a site to lock on to another nureon

we were shown this in UNI too and its picky before it forms a permnent connection. The speed of this connection forming is effected by the electrical activity of your nural network of nerve endings and the biochemical output of the glands in your body when you focus more of your nerve endings at one experiance you reinforce the memory by giving them a greater amount of electrical activity therefore creating a greater number of dendritic connections along the pathway of nureons from the sensing ends through the spinal cord and sometimes the brain for awareness then to the effectors embeded in your muscles

choosing how much of our sensory system we apply to any stimulation really does mean we remember what we want to and when we really want too, except due to the effects of age and illness thats a topic all on its own too.