Marijuana and Memory

Concentration , Learning , and Keeping Appointments .. Not to mention .. "Now where did I put It ??" .. :thumbsup:

High All ,

I have been meaning to make a thread about this topic of Memory for quite some months now .. I didn't forget ;) Just wasn't sure on how to go about it ..

But I've got a bit of spare time tonight and I thought that this should be a thread that Anyone and Everyone could post their opinion ..

Because We All have a Memory .. No matter how bad it may seem to be :peace:

Ofc. Theres Is tonnes of research to sift thru on the WWW. , Just typing The Title of this Topic into Google brings up hundreds of references , but Noone could know the effects better than Stoners themselves surely ..

If anyone does indeed know of a good recent readable study about this subject tho .. feel free to post the link :) Thx.

So ... How do You beleive Marijuana effects your Memory? .. Any and All Comments and Opinions are welcome ..

(Plz try and give some detail)

Also , I do have much to say on the subject (If I remember) .. But basically , I've been a slightly heavy Drinker for some years now .. So My current Memory analysis is greatly effected by that .. lol

As a young SToner , I was very Motivated to learn , to create , to improve .. and therefore Remember ..

Whether It was a Doco on TV or A Song , a Guitar Lick , A Book , a Joke .. Some usefull useless trivia etc .. If I couldn't remember it in some form or another .. how could I make use of it? .. and then what was the purpose of pursuing it? ..

Anyway .. MJ worked very well for me on an Intellectual and Creative level .. not that I wasn't either of these things to begin with .. I just felt it Evolved me in some way .. A veil Lifted .. etc ..

(Also It helped me with Insomnia , Which was a big plus)

Memory , concentration , motivation , energy .. none were a concern for me .. not at least In my teens ..

I Drank In my teens , But never as much as After I turned 18 .. and Gradually I developed a little habit which remains to this day B)

Now .. My Memory , concentration , motivation and energy ARE certainly effected .. probably more than I'd like to admit :)

But I never found MJ to Be a hindrance to my abilities whatsoever ... I'm very Keen to hear what everyone else thinks ..

One more thing for now ..

I think everyone seems to have a bad memory these days .. Stoners or not .. I know young straight people who have shockin memories .. and I don't think I need to mention "Old" peoples memories .. :)

(heh , sorry to all the "Oldies" , But we wanna hear from you guyz too ; )

Basically I find I remember everything to some extent .. recalling it may be the problem .. But It's only the utmost important of things to me that remain instantly accessable to Mind ..

"Recall" is a Big Part of It .. But It's too early in the Topic to go there :) Recall Dammit! , Recall !!! ..

Heheheh , Anyway .. Sorry Bout that , I didn't wan't to make this thread Imposing in anyway , but I guess it is abit .. I'll finish up .. ... Now.

Yours Rememberingly ,

Budman ;)

i do think that when im stoned i will stand in the shed going what the hell did i come in here to get ie a shifter or somthing like that but when im straight all seems good and i have been a drinker for a long time as for motivation well it go's down the shiter when im bent probly go on the pc so i dont have to do anything :thumbsup:

Nice thread bud.

The first time that I realised that my dad knew I was stoned was when I'd forget, half way thru a sentence, what I was talking about :) He'd wait patiently with a wry smile until I'd give up and have to ask him "What the fuck was I just saying?!" :)

Another recurring stoned memory issue I have is if I stash my weed in a new place when I'm ripped I'll have a hell of time remembering the stash spot later on. Getting ripped again will sometimes help, but that can be hard if it was the last of my weed :)

This has sometimes been a bonus, when months down the track I stumble upon the forgotten buds :thumbsup: lol

As for motivation, I think it's got to do with how I feel before I get stoned. Sometimes I'm unstoppable, other times I can find every excuse under the sun to put that job off till tomorrow ;)

Being stoned will usually increase my level of concentration, sometimes to the point of obsession if I'm trying to solve a difficult problem(usually without success ;) )

For example, if I was ripped right now, this post would have taken much longer to type, made less sense and been only 3 lines long :)

Must be time for a bong B)

:peace:

:)

Thx 67's ,

I can relate to much of what you say ..

I Hide Portions of Budz around the place .. and I do forget where they are .. but now and then I do remember .. and If not , at least I clean up my room lookin for it B)

I'd like to get into "Learning" whilst under the influence , of MJ discussion .. But I would have also liked to get a few more decent replies ..

C'mon Guyz , You can type a little more than that surely .. I want to know ..

So ... How do You beleive Marijuana effects your Memory? .. Any and All Comments and Opinions are welcome ..

(Plz try and give some detail)

Thx for the replies yet to come :thumbsup:

(Btw , If you had something to be motivated for , would you commit? , SToner or not?) .. (Maybe a Child? or an ornamental lamp?) ..

Please some thoughtful discussion would be appreciated lol

Bye 4 Now :peace: Cheerz

Budman :)

while reading thisi have forgotten at least a dozen things i was going to say but that is ok because i can only focus on maby 20 of the things that go through my head at a time theres hundreds but my mental concentration is at its best when i am imbibbed or stonded out of my mind my greatest mental clarity seems strangly to come while i am on lsd im not sure about others but mj has always seemed to help sometimes i forget what im saying in the middle of a conversation but i do that anyways always have drinking fucks with my memory so much but it tastes so good gotta take care of that b4 i get to old and stuck in a habit gotta toss the ciggs soon to but for some reason they seem to give me about 5-10 min of clearaity maby thats why i smoke 30 rooled cigs a day and sound twice my age Edited by fsagertyaef

hi budman

ive been a heavy MJ smoker for about 10yrs and recently im noticing my memory changing a bit.

like the others have said, sometimes ill forget what im doing while im actually doin it, but it will always be a simple task,and after a quick pause ill usually remember again.

that normally happens when im doing lots of things at once and my mind is racing away.

i think my memory is changing cause this happens more often nowadays, but is it a result of MJ? i dont drink alot or anything else to bad but i am 10 years older

when im learning new things that i enjoy and feel motivated about MJ helps me get in the zone and focus, in that situation i remember everything and even develop ideas of my own along the way :peace:

if im not motivated though i normally dont even bother :thumbsup:

but arent the straight peeps like this?

to be continued......

s-t

after almost 7 years of smoking pot i have noticed a major drop in my memory recall ability :peace: its like information gets stored behind a lock and key and my mind has to search for that key before i can open the door to release a memory or some crazy shit along those lines :)

I also have an extremely bad short term memory :) best proof of this imo is when im watching tv as i can be watching just about anything and the second the ad break comes on i totally forget what i was watching, the plot of the show, etc. and i wont be able to locate any memory of it until the show comes back on which is when im flooded with the memory of what i had seen before the ad break came on :thumbsup:

Although its probably just a naturally occurring ADD, i have also found that in my years of smoking my attention span has gone to shit lol it can get really bad at times, especially when watching movies because i tend to zone out into my own little world and before i know it i have missed 5-10 mins of the movie and have totally lost the plot :) i spose that can fall into a memory issue as i can be sitting infront of the tv looking and listening to it while off in my own world and still have no memory of what was on the screen, but i think its more of an attention span issue B)