is potency mainly genetic

thanx for replies.. lot of input in that lot.....i usually grow my own strain, which is a mix of bush pot and dutch strains. been crossing it for years with whatever looks and smokes ok. mostly indica. thats my fuck nose strain. fuck nose yields well and smokes average. and its bullet proof. great for growing in the oz bush.

my potency issues seem to pop up sometimes with the more fancied strains from holland. mostly i grow from seed. when i can, its from cuttings. whatever their source....

i have been buying strains from p.s. and xpat and nirvana lately. mostly cheapies, but not all. all these strains are talked up by their breeders. but i'm wondering if thats just bullshit. the pics of em sure look brutal

the environmental factors with my area are not condusive to growing filth. not outdoors anyway. rain when you don't want it mainly. and perhaps i'm harvesting a bit early due to mould and rain. i know there all issues, but i gotta grow in the bush.

i was curious weather potentialy good strains could be fucked by shit conditions, or weather all is not fact from seed companies.

i'm stickin with the vespa. fuck lifting a harley over them logs....cheers...B.B.... :peace:

how u going with the xpat range??

and the nirvana range?

personally ive grown out a few packs of nirvava white widow

my last bean left all hope to that..

and believe it or not..shes a fine specimen a keeper..

wat id be doin BB is clonin everything and markin it

grow out the mums keep the clones..

then wen the smoke test comes around u know which is wat

u got an exact genetic replica that u can continue to grow

without having to invest in anymore beans

justy a suggestion

bill

basicly exactly what billo said is how i grow from seed i dont select a pheno or a mother plant as i have found sometimes even the best lookin plants can yeild small and some of the shitty ratty lookin plants have yeilded decent

so i pop my seeds then grow till they show sex then get rid of males or keep to collect pollen then take clones of all the females and then flower all of them and sit back and find out which is the best female then once you have selected the one i want i then flower all the clones again but befor flowering i take clones from the plant that i chose and take an extra one to become a mother plant

always works well for me

cheerz :Dj:

ahhh! more input. thanx for replies.....STONEY... i pretty much grow the way you have said, cept i take cuttings off all my seeds when there about a foot high. i 12-12 them in glasses of water till they show their bits. i also plant pretty late, to cut back on lugging water. usually i try to have my cuttings ready to plant out by late november. i grow in 100 litre grow bags, and iv'e learnt that the plants reach much the same size weather planted late or early. root restriction, i guess.

i wonder if planting late effects potency or not. :peace: ..buds always look much the same, but who knows.

Billo. i just got the nirvana strains ,so they will be my winter breeding programme. been playing around with xpat stuff a bit. smash looks pretty damn good. huge afghani looking buds main colas are about six inches thick and solid as. :thumbsup: little bit of mould showed up the other day, so i cut it out and smoked a bit with no mould. did'nt work real good though. gotta be fair to xpat though. it is'nt realy ready yet. nuther couple of weeks. sure looks the goods though. i have got a few m60's growing as well. they have filthy lookin very large clusters on em. but they have'nt filled out yet. if they do, they will be very big buds as well. as i said before, they smell like a chemical factory. but i don't much use chemicals, certainly never pesticides. so thats just their smell. smash has grown to about 7 foot, chrissy tree shaped, and Will yield about 3/4 of an elbow. grown in a growbag. m60 is in the ground, went in very late. is the same height but bushier. i tipped the fuck out of it. looks like it will yield about the same. my typing finger needs a break....

cheers guys......B.B. :rolleyes: