Cinderella 99

I just found this over at icmag.

Originally Posted by Mr.Soul

Cinderella Story

I've been seeing a lot of posts from people asking for the "Cinderella Story", so here it is:

In 1997, I discovered a few seeds in a bud of Jack Herer I bought @ "Sensi Smile" coffeeshop in Amsterdam while there to buy seeds. I didn't expect much when I grew them, but one of those seeds from the JH bud produced a very special female that I call "Princess".

Therefore Princess' mother was a Jack Herer (IF we can believe what Sensi Smile printed on the package) and her father is a totally unidentified mystery plant.

I also got 2 more females (Genius & Cafe'Girl) & several males from those seeds. I used pollen from one of the males on a heavy-yielding, dense, resinous ShivaSkunk (from Sensi Seedbank) female, then grew the resulting seeds to get males to produce pollen to cross Princess with, beginning the cubing process.

The first generation of seeds from Princess were called P.50 because they were 50% Princess. I used males from the P.50 generation to back-cross to Princess to get P.75 and again back-crossed with the P.75 pollen to get P.88 and again with the P.88 pollen to get P.94 which is "Cinderella 99", a cubed version of Princess.

The name "Cinderella" was chosen because of the parallels between this story and the well-known fairy tale in which Cinderella becomes a Princess despite her humble beginning. It's also VERY similar to the story of the "Morgan Horse"...go Figure!

N-rage, yes - that's exactly how it was told in the Big Book Of Buds (most strains take up one page - C99 takes up two!), but Grimm Brothers have been extinct so to say for many years now and not many people have the original Grimm Bros stock for that reason.

I've tried Wallyduck's F5 pineapple pheno once, that wasn't too bad, but the best I've had was from the GN03 collection - feminised C99. From the 4 ive grown ive got 1 absolute-keeper pineapple pheno - the best ive ever had from C99, also two so-called mango phenos, and one hermie unfortunately. Also tried BOG's Super Sweet Cinderella 05, but that was more on the indica side due to its crossings so you can't really compare that. I've only got about 5 seeds left of GN03 C99 so ive got my fingers crossed for another pineapple keeper

Frazzle no mate but i have read some very good reports about Joey Weed's C99, and seeing as im nearly out of GN03's im very tempted to give them a go. I only grow from seed - i dont use clones/mothers, but the *right* pineapple pheno of C99 is an absolute must-keep so I'm tempted to sacrifice one of my two veg pots to keep a Cinderella 99 mother ... geezus christ she's a beauty, but you've gotta get the right pheno, and by the right breeder! Edited by NotDave

Anyone know a reliable seed bank that sells joey weed seeds ?

I would like to get some of his C99 as well as some AK99(C99xAk47).

Yea id like to get me hands on some too .. now that evryone is carrying on how good Cindy was .. but im just another strain whore .. just like billo, notice he didnt take long to sniff this one out :xcited: lmao

but where to get Joey's beans .. one that does have them is Hemp Depot, though ive never used them myself .. the seedbank review rates them highly :scratchin:

:xcited: