Seeds in rockwool...

Well my seeds have arrived from a land far, far away and I'm ready to start them soon.

I am going to crack them in water, then place in rockwool under fluros (or should I put them straight under a 600W HPS that is way up high?). Then grown in tubs with clay balls and a recirculating system.

My question is...when the seedlings have filled out the rockwool with roots, do I just place the rockwool into the clay ball medium or do I have to remove the rockwool?

Jimbo lol

Hi Jimbo

dont touch the rock wool whatever you do. :(

Just put it into your pot with the clay balls(make sure you wash them in a bucket or something 24hrs before hand) lol

Sitting the rockwool block level with the top of your pot.

A quick question.? Did you have any probs gettin your seeds?, Did you get them sent to your home?

I would love some brand name seeds but dont have the guts to order them. lol

Hope that was some help.

Buddy.g

Thanks for the reply' s.

Did you have any probs gettin your seeds?, Did you get them sent to your home?

I would love some brand name seeds but dont have the guts to order them.

No I didn't have any dramas at all. I went with PlanetSkunk seedbank and payed cash. I got them sent to a relatives. Just be prepared to lose $100-200 bucks if customs snags em'. Risk you gotta take if you want the good stuff.

Jimbo lol :(

i have tried growing from seed a few times in rockwool, imo the only way to do it is to treat them like clones at first, ie. have them in a mini greenhouse under some fluros for a week or 2. every time i havent done it like that, they just flop over and wilt to death in no time flat :applause:

imo you'd be better off starting them in soil and taking cuttings, but you will get much faster growth getting in in a hydro system :peace:

i have tried growing from seed a few times in rockwool, imo the only way to do it is to treat them like clones at first, ie. have them in a mini greenhouse under some fluros for a week or 2. every time i havent done it like that, they just flop over and wilt to death in no time flat :applause:

imo you'd be better off starting them in soil and taking cuttings, but you will get much faster growth getting in in a hydro system :peace:

Cheers WDC, My seeds arrived yesterday and I have them in rockwool in a mini greenhouse. Do I wait till I see roots out the bottom of the cube to start the weak nutes as I would with a clone.

I put a piece of Perlite on top of them anyway. I guess its to keep moisture in.

Edit; Excitement levels require fast growth.

Edited by Token Jet

Cheers WDC, My seeds arrived yesterday and I have them in rockwool in a mini greenhouse. Do I wait till I see roots out the bottom of the cube to start the weak nutes as I would with a clone.

I put a piece of Perlite on top of them anyway. I guess its to keep moisture in.

Edit; Excitement levels require fast growth.

i usually waited 4-5 days after the root had poked through the cubes, but really the best way to find out when they are ok is to take the dome off the greenhouse for 10 mins and then check up on them. if they have wilted over, give them a misting and put the lid back on, otherwise check on them every 15 mins or so for an hour to make sure they are not just waiting to wilt on you. after an hour of being exposed to the elements and not wilting they should be fine to go under a HID and grow like mad :applause: