Outdoor preping for next season IDEAS PLS

naturalmystic has a good point... pine needles are ok but might start screwing up the PH in the soil with the acid...

id stick with 67special's ideas if youve seen his current grow diary you'll understand why!

a good moisture retaining natural mulch with some water crystals/ even plastic lining as 67 said will work wonders in the scrub.

theres heaps of methods for retaining moisture in dry areas and a quick search of the net might start your brain ticking on some ideas!

as far as using plastic for lining your holes.. just make sure its a BIG hole! from what other OS members have told me- you need as much root room as possible- we used a wheelie bin for ours and its already quite root bound and you might end up with the roots turning around and coming to the surface for moisture if your holes are too shallow! also just make sure youve put a few decent holes in it for worms and drainage.

hope all goes well- im in the same boat as you so ill be watching this post for all the info i can get my eyes on as well, maybe we can help eachother!

good luck