Outdoor preping for next season IDEAS PLS

OK all i have a plan for the next grow season outdoors with a local out bush

The idea is for 24 plants in 6 plots of 4 plants in each one. The location is secluded but accessible from he property and from a longer but not trackable to hes property.

It has water downhill from plot locations so im :P

We are pondering a manual water pump up the hill (But im thinking more of an easier method hehe)

now the plots them selves im thinking of 6 trenches across the face of hill with a second lined hole up hill to fill and let leech downhill into the plants trench vis soaking hoses.

What Im after is some ideas for soil prep before planting time. I will be going up over easter break to do some digging then covering of traces of the digging etc

So generally any ideas on:

Soil mixtures you have found easy to cart/mix on site

Water retention methods (best brands or any trouble brands)

Best ferts to add in soil and ones that are easy to add at a latter date

The options i have for using locally found green matter mixed in to soil to help out growth and anything I can do to speed up the composting.

OK I love my hydro and havent been out doors for years so looking for any nifty tricks hints or pitfalls to look for

Heya .. that WettaSoil is great stuff for keeping the soil in good water-holding capacity .. really worth it ...

how about taking some worms up there and put in the holes with some plant matter on top for them to eat?

another one is get a heap of old cow pats and put them under the lawnmower , then collect up the mashed up shit to mix with your soil... good for water retention also contains very low fert, and light to carry when dry

also there are excellent little 2 stroke water pumps which weigh about 6 Kg ,with a lift height of 25mts on E-bay for about $170- ... they are great ive got one

best o' luck :P

B)

post-1601-1170632281_thumb.jpg

Every time i grow out bush i have a great idea.....never do this again. It is so much time and effort, alot less discreet than growing indoors and so much can go wrong with wind, rain, bugs, animals, rippers etc. I've still never harvested a bush crop out of the four u have tried although a one was because of sheer lazieness. Although it's been said and i do have a few out this season, I would only bother outdoors if i had space on my own property or somewhere extremely close by. TRY NOT TO BE TOO FAR UP THE HILL FROM WATER WITHOUT A PUMP, TURN OFF YOUR MOBILE PHONE, DECIDE IF IT IS GOING TO BE WORTH TRAVELLING EXPENSE, and DO NOT LOCK YOUR KEYS IN THE CAR! All these i have learnt from experience.

best of luck with it if you go ahead

hey shithappens.. those solar panals on the top of those machines can be taken off with very simple tools.. just need to be regulated..

The ones i have access to were 24v.. with the largest being 150w and a couple of 120w but most on average depending on size of machine are multiples of 50-70w panals.. That is plenty..

Do the maths.. say 40w panal... x 8 hours sun light a day.. 320watts a day.. Say u use a 24v Truck battery as backup.. Now if u run say a 150watt an hour pump for 2 hours a day... and get that pump to move teh water to a storage facility that is in a gravity position advantegous to you.. that is all problems solved.. a 150watt an hour pump im sure could move more than 300liters an hour (hopfully).. so thats 600liters u can put in a resorvoiur rain water tank uphill..

Renewable.. just keep the truck battery in a power box. and maybe once a yr change it or re-jevu it..