Recommendations on exhaust fans

So I dont want this sort of fan- http://www.basementlighting.com/Merchant2/...e=1/PROD/RK100L

Ruck Ventilatoren RK100L Inline Fan - 100mm / 4in

I havent used carbon before and Im looking at using it for the first time.

So I dont want this sort of fan? I need to make sure I get what they call a centrifugal fan?

How quiet are these fans??

Sorry for posting the wrong information, its just I figured that an inline fan would connect to the carbon filter on one end, and then go inline to ducting, like the link above?

what size fan would I need to use for a small cabinet, like a fridge sized cabinet??

Also Ive read that the carbon filter needs to be IN the cupboard and sucked through the fan. Then on something else I read, it reakons to blow through the filter.

Some mumbo jumbo about serface area?? Which is right for me to use?

its trial and error as there are so many variables. the reason centrifugals are the best choice for use with carbon filters is that they are high pressure fans designed to cope with resistance.

if noise is a problem wrap the fan as well as the ductwork either side with rockwool. you'll turn a jet engine into something you can hardly hear. obviously some fans make more noise than others so if you can, plug em in and see how noisy they are before you buy, which shouldn't be a problem if you're buying out of a hydro store. :P

I need to make sure I get what they call a centrifugal fan?

How quiet are these fans??

Yeah its called a centrifugal fan and yes you want that one. I just bought a 150mm and it is whisper quiet.

Also Ive read that the carbon filter needs to be IN the cupboard and sucked through the fan. Then on something else I read, it reakons to blow through the filter.

I was told that the optimal order is to have the filter in the chamber ducted to the centrifugal fan in the ceiling.

The filter then uses its external filter first and then the interior, versus it being after the fan and only using the internal. They are a fucking lot bigger than I expected but whatever works!

Jimbo :P B)