Recommendations on exhaust fans

Gday Luke,

Thanks for the advice - I had a look at them and was wondering if I could get away with a 100mm like this one...

It still moves enough I think - but will it move enough when I add a Carbon filter? I was going to put one in each 1x1x2.8 chamber.

The CEN100 will move 165 cubic metres per hour or 45L per sec of air and will do this even through ducting.

StockImage.asp.jpg

One option you have if you want a bathroom fan is to get the use pick up one of the Heller extractor fans. They are sqare rather than round and are designed like one of those squirrel cage fans that I see all over the net (centrifugal rather than axial fan). They move a heap of air, act as a light trap and also have a thingy for hooking up ducting. These do run 24x7 without issues, i've had one runnin g for nearly 2 years to vent out a 60x40x160 cm space that has a 400 watter in it (also run a seperate intake fan). This maintains my temps without a prob and ensures very good air turnover which is necessary in our lovely summers.

cheers

Paca

PS The fan was an 8 incher and was $50 at Bunnings, they also had a 10 incher for $10 more.

you need a pretty damn strong fan to suck through a Carbon filter.

Although your probably wanting an inline fan if your running carbon filters.

wrong way around. its centrifugal fans you want for use with carbon filters. a big inline fan would work, but a centrifugal is the right tool for the job.

PS - Bathroom fans are fine as well if you're not using a filter just get a ballbearing one. :P