Salt to Freebase?

Ok, lets just say I did something stupid like half extracting some active tryptamines from an acacian Maiden and I have resulted with a quantity of DMT in it's salt form.

Which is unusable when one is trying to burn in a bong, even with a jet lighter.

Is there a simple way (pref. without the use of a full A/B extraction) I can turn my salts into a usable freebase or else just to obtain effects from the salt?

Is it remotely possible that ingested in a tea along with MAO-inhibition might yield some effects?

What else could be in this salt and is it bad for the stomach/lung linings?

:thumbsup: Waitin' for an answer,

Thank you very much.

:xcited:

some tough questions.

with a normal a/b extraction you extract into water with the ph around 1 to 5 as this will convert into salt, then later in the extraction you bring the ph back up to 10 to 14 odd which will convert into its freebase again

here is a general and basic extraction

His idea of extraction is this:

* Pulverize the grass clippings

* Add water, "enough... to make a pourable soup"

* Acidify to pH 5 or so

* (Optional) Simmer the acidified soup in a slow cooker overnight,

not allowing the liquid to evaporate. ("It may take two or three

such operations to get all of the alkaloids into solution")

* Strain the plant matter through cheesecloth, then through a

paper coffee filter

* Add 10-15% of the mass of the solution in a "defatting solvent"

such as methylene chloride, ether, chloroform, or naptha.

* Shake vigorously

* The crap will go into the solvent, leaving the good stuff in

the water.

* Separate the water from the solvent.

* Add a base to the aqueous solution in small increments until the

pH gets to about 9 or 10. This converts the alkaloids into their

free base.

* Extract with 10% of the mass of the solution of an organic

solvent four times, at one 24-hour and then three weekly intervals.

The solvent layer will take on a darker tint, usually yellowish

or reddish-brown. It will take almost a month to extract all of

the alkaloids, and the solution should be shaken at least twice

a day between extractions.

* Evaporate the solvent off from the combined extract fractions.

You now have the alkaloids.

my thought is that you will need to go through this to go to a freebase

orally it should be active, the body converts the freebase into salt when taken orally so that should be fine

ive also read of salt being used for im although i would highly recommend against that it should work (although you would want to make sure it was dame pure.

any how if you did happen to half extract may i ask at what point you stopped, did you defat??. any how have a read of the link below and do a bit of a Google search and you will be surprised what you can learn.

any how best of luck and let us know how you go with it.

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=37491

Thanks godonacid,

i know most of the science behind full extractions, just wanted to use the salt somehow. which i think, is not pure enough for me to want to risk ingesting.

it's not that i'm lazy to do an extraction, rather just find it hard to get my hands on the ingredients. the rare lucid times i can actually Remember what an organic solvent is, they seem irreducibly hard to obtain.

still, i will keep trying. i just did an acid extraction of the salt and other random plant shit a fair while back and it would seem a shame to waste it, tis all. I've found that shredded bits of the salt under a jet lighter in the bong will produce the most subtle, but just distinguishable of effects. :thumbsup:

Thanks for your advice god, any other takers? :xcited:

not sure if i should post it but

nutriflo has acid and ethanol (dont really need ethanol but hey)

proscitech.com.au has glassware (sep funnel)

aussiesoapsupplies.com.au or hardware store for lye

camping store for coleman napatha or lighter fluid, although watch the new zippo ones, they are a new synthetic, not napatha

if you want hexane most shellite sold these days is hexane (it pays to have a look at the material data safety sheet when doing things like this as it will tell you what is really in the product)

thats about all you really need

Budman, I was never aware that you *cough* had ingested any solvent extracts? You do realise that this extract would be more pure than raw acacian extracts you often find at headshops and is essentially, nearly, entirely a very close compound of dmt (almost pure).

I have certainly read not much to the effect that extracts aren't very good. But we shall see, we shall see... :xcited:

:thumbsup:

heheh , Bs , You can taste the leftovers whether it be hash, DMT or whatever ..

But still , if you can make a better product fucken around with solvents and what not .. rather than a good honest natural smoke of the good herb or other alternatives .. best of luck to ya :toke: ..

I'll be keen to try it when Its perfected :thumbsup:

Sorry , don't mean to be dismissive .. just a personal opinion :peace: If you can make some LSD outta Ergot or somethin .. I'm very interested :toke:

Cheerz :toke:

Budman B)

P.s. and yes , I have ingested solvent extracts .. most likely to my detriment :0 Woioo!

Well, if you want a 'natural' hit of lsd you can eat the mold off moldy rye-bread, just avoid the poisonous bits. :thumbsup:

Also, I think hash is the loveliest thing in the world. You think that isolating and purifying chemicals found in growing plants is unnatural? Sure it tastes like plastic, burning, but its as natural as any other carcinogenics we inhale from plant matter (tobacco and mj smoke). And unfortunately dmt has a high minimum dose, almost demanding extraction.

:toke:

As I see it , pure Hash making does not involve any sort of foreign chemicals ..

For mine .. Pure Hash is Pure Trichomes harvested from the plant matter .. anything else is dodgy .. B)

What is your goal? , e3xtractions of these certain plant matters of which you speak? .. do you hope to get stoned? .. there are easier and more logically better ways to accomplish this :peace:

But anyway , as I said .. i don't mean to discourage you .. let us know how you go .. I just wonder about the motives behind it when its so very easy to get stoned in a more natural fashion :toke:

Cheerz :thumbsup:

Budman :xcited:

P.s. Read more about Lysergic Acid .. You'll find It's almost impossible for a regular "citizen" to develop this "drug" :toke: Eatin the bread doesn't work ..