Cannabutter from bud - What ratio of bud to butter?

I thought this should be known to any noobies that dont want to make a stupid mistake like i recently did.

I was making up some cannabutter. Used about a shopping bag and a half full of various bits of leaf, a few buds and a small tin of bud-stems (:xcited:) added to the mix and put it into 220g of butter. This butter had a fair dose of THC, but was packed full of CBD from the leaves and made the butter rather bad.

It went into 2 dozen cookie (only 100g butter came out) and after having not quite two. I got tremendously high. Then enormously sick. And I felt as if poisoned for many hours into the day, unable to move and feeling near fainting and not entirely far enough from death. Hallucinations everywhere, closed eyes, open eyes, inescapable stonedness and altogether not very pleasant.

But all i'm getting at is, too high a dose of cbd seems more detrimental than a really high dose of just THC. So not too much leaf in your butter or, at least, have the sense to try an ultra small dose first. I dont have a great tolerance and I bitched myself and a friend up something terrible from that butter. Just thought id give a warning.

Happy :thumbsup: Eating!

Infinitee sounds like you just overdosed mate its easy to do when you're new to making butter. I wouldn't think it has anything to do with the CBD to THC ratio in your plant material tho. Overdose on butter made from only bud and you'll go through all the same symptoms I guarantee it

what you are saying is basically correct bud will make better butter than leaf, and much more potent as well so be careful. but everyone has to green out on cannabutter at least once... :thumbsup:

B)

Heheheh , agreed ...

If your not a heavy Cannabis user .. then you are definatly prone to gettin a bit "Fkd up" from a cannacookie or 2 ..

But then , I second your warningz .. Just take it easy the first time round and most of us have plenty of time to try again :toke:

Best of luck to all cannacookers .. It truly is an exellent way to consume the plant .. :toke:

Smoko time ... :thumbsup: Cheerz all ..

Budman :xcited:

now that i am runnign a little low on green (last season sucked) i will have to ration out my supplies to last the next 9 months so that means i wont be putting as much bud in that i usually do (i used to whack in 5 oz's to 1 kg of butter).

I was thinking about cooking up 1 oz of average bush bud in 500 grams of butter and cooking it up for 36 hours

do you all think that will be good enough ? anybody actually used that ratio before? how did it go ?

Check how the butter for my fudge recipe is made, it's a small amount but it's just right (use the conversion tables it seems we have different size sticks of butter)

The last time I made butter, I made hash first, then added the hash to melted butter. Lots of work but no bad taste and it went a long way.