Cannabutter from bud - What ratio of bud to butter?

Fellow Ozstoners,

I'm looking to make some cannabutter from Bud (don't have the benefit of having trim to use :peace:).

All the Cannabutter recepies I've seen use trim for the weed. What sort of Bud to Butter ratio should I be using for decent strength cannabutter?

Thanks for your help!

:toke:

50/50

or more weed to butter if your like me and have dramas consuming the butter from bad taste or bad cooking or baking :toke:

The butter doesnt cook off like the water does so if you put in 100g of butter youll nearly get 100g of butter back if you strain well and squeeze liquid from leaves at the end of the cooking, a stocking comes in handy for straining but wait till the leaves are cool that hot butter burns fingers slowly without you really noticing .:peace:

butter contains between 10 - 20% water so you will lose at least that much end weight of butter..

I use 400g of butter to 1 1/2 metric cups of chopped buds (roughly equal volume) and end up with approx 320 - 340g of butter after pressing/clarifying.

when you're cooking, look at around 5g -10g per serve

I find 10g is too much for me, but Mrs DUD finds that's about the right amount.

I have always used bud to make my butter but ive never really made a batch of cannabutter the way most people normally do it. ( ie boil it up for hours and hours.) The reason being because with leaf you HAVE to boil it for that long to get any goodness out it. With buds you can literally just fry it up in some butter for 5-10 mins and strain and mix into cookie mix. This is good if you dont have alot of time or are trying to do it reasonably stealth.

About the bud/butter ratio i have no idea but i would have thought it wouldnt matter really? Unless you want to get some kind of ideal potency, not too strong , not too weak, then yeah i guess there is a proper ratio but weed varies alot too so you never really know what its like unitl youve finished. Having said that its just my 2 cents worth and im no expert but only speaking from limited experience of cookie making in under an hour.

I have always used bud to make my butter but ive never really made a batch of cannabutter the way most people normally do it. ( ie boil it up for hours and hours.) The reason being because with leaf you HAVE to boil it for that long to get any goodness out it. With buds you can literally just fry it up in some butter for 5-10 mins and strain and mix into cookie mix. This is good if you dont have alot of time or are trying to do it reasonably stealth.

About the bud/butter ratio i have no idea but i would have thought it wouldnt matter really? Unless you want to get some kind of ideal potency, not too strong , not too weak, then yeah i guess there is a proper ratio but weed varies alot too so you never really know what its like unitl youve finished. Having said that its just my 2 cents worth and im no expert but only speaking from limited experience of cookie making in under an hour.

if it's being used medicinally then it helps to be able to have a constant dosage, if it's just for party food, then weaker is probably better, coz it tends to be cooked in yummy stuff like cake or cookies and you'll want to eat more of it

just always remember to wait at least an hour before deciding if you should eat some more or you could well fuck yourself over :peace:

ive never really taken note or even measured the final weight

depending on the amount i have i used to drop 1 to 3 packs of butter :peace:

now ive moved onto the bubblebags as another method of disposing of trim

only 4 the first time im doin trim and a lill black domina leaf trim bud the whole 3 :toke:

all the best for ya cookup

please let us knoww how it went for u

bil

lol

G'day Toasty ,

I made up some butter the other day ..

I used 3 Oz. , of trim and some shitty budz and leaf and sht (a mix of all sorts) , to 1 stick of Unsalted Butter (250gm) ..

It's not too bad .. But guessing from my results .. If I could use Budz I would probly use about 1oz of average Budz to 1 stick o Butter ..

That should make a fairly poey butter I reckon ... ofc The more the merrier tho heheh :toke:

But I have no idea if there is a limit to how much an amount of Butter could "absorb" .. :peace:

Anyhoo , good luck with it lol Enjoy ..

Budman lol

the less butter you use and the longer you cook it the more potent it will be. and the more potent it is the less cannabutter you need to use in your recipes and the less green taste you will have.

I usually use a shopping bag full of leaf to 750g of butter or thereabouts with a few bits of bud thrown in for good measure and that usually yields me just over 500g of cannabutter. :thumbsup: