Where's the Dirt?

I know I'll sound like some old hippy, but is anyone growing in soil with totally organic nutes anymore?

There used to be some legends on overgrow before the rapture, but what about here? I haven't really

been on the forums for a long while, but it's the one thing that seems to have dropped off. Tom...are you still around? I had a feeling you might have been into it. Don't get me wrong, I love the bio setup, but having just gotten half way through a tomato grow in soil (Black Russians) and tasting them makes me wonder about doing an organic soil grow for old times sake. Or is that old timers sake? So if anyone's doing it, hows it going for ya?

Cheers, and hi to the old timers, good to see things still growing.

Vaz

Nice Ice. Looks sativaish. If they're somewhere you can check daily just keep an eye on them, you'll have time to notice the little yellow bannana shaped flowers and pull it if that one is a male. The weather on the east coast has been sh!t this year so it could contribute to outdoor flowering a little earlier than usual.

Good luck with the grow.

Nice Ice. Looks sativaish. If they're somewhere you can check daily just keep an eye on them, you'll have time to notice the little yellow bannana shaped flowers and pull it if that one is a male. The weather on the east coast has been sh!t this year so it could contribute to outdoor flowering a little earlier than usual.

Good luck with the grow.

Yeah mate, they are Sativa. They are Ice strain.

I can check them daily as they are in my backyard :peace:. I will certainly keep an eye on them, especially the tall one. I think I still have a few days to tell for sure. The yellow isn't there yet at all, but I will remember that. I agree, it has been very crap weather and what you say is a very good point. Mother was surprised we had already had the longest day in the year already. Something I never noticed.

Cheers and thanks for the reply.... This is your thread so I won't hijack it anymore :peace:. Just wanted to mention the dirt part.

Hi wassily,got 5 in total in dirt,soon to be 4 as i think at least 1 is a male.

2 outside live purley of worm castings and worm wee and seem to be going well,there has been something nibbling on the leaves but apart from that there going well.

going to be good in WA this season for outdoor growers,been plenty of sun and not to hot yet.

should be some monsters come harvest time

:toke:

G'day Wassily ,

Yeh mate , Heaps o people still use "dirt" :)

I spose the majority of Grows here at OS are Indoors .. but there are quite a few Outdoor grows aswell .. and a few of those are "Organic" ...

I started (as a teen) In soil , In the ground or in Pots .. Mixing in Cowshit with the soil .. That was pretty much it .. They always loved it , just regular watering each day and were healthy as ..

Used soil and Cowshit exclusivly for years ... and still try to If I got an Outdoor spot to let them get big in the ground .. But as of the last couple of years I'm finding that a good Potting Mix Is probly better in pots as It doesn't compact down as much as "dirt" and has plenty of slow release nutes .. ofc if the soil is mixed with other mediums like perlite and sand etc plus the manure it can work well ..

About the cowshit aswell ... if It's well composted I found I could easily Mix 1/2 x 1/2 Manure and soil with excellent results .. although some sandier stuff and/or perlite etc helped to make It a better mix ...

Also I would commonly add (to mixes) a handful of crushed Charcoal from the barbecue ... I beleive this helps maintain the PH of the soil ..

I guess I tried many things .. But so many times as a youngin I couldn't complete the grow because of numerous MJ plant hazards , i.e. Cows , Wallabies , Farmers , Parents and Kids :thisbig: .. So I did miss out on quite a lot of flowering ..

I used horseshit With ground soil last year , I found the horse manure to be less potent than cow .. But It composts really well and greww some nice fluffy Sativa bud for me : )

Sheep shit is meant to be really good but haven't tried it ...

Wallaby shit is good I used that and the tropical rainforest soil where I lived at the time to grow some excellent plants ..

CHook Shit is a Fave of many .. But for me I find It too potent and people sometimes feed their chooks some pretty weird shit :) .. well composted free range/grain fed chickenpoop would probly be pretty good ... I find I can taste Budz that have been fertilized with chookshit .. they have a particular aroma to them ... and especially if Alot of Dynamic lifter has been used :thumbsup: (Don't get me wrong tho .. It's good fert.)

Well , I see that I'm rambling .. I only meant to log on for a quick look and I've ended up hooked on the subject matter yet again :peace:

Tis cool tho .. I'm not hittin the piss too hard too early lol Got a long way to go tonight

So ... All the best for the New Year , and Happy Growing! :applause:

Bye 4 Now lol

Budman :yahoo:

I know I'll sound like some old hippy, but is anyone growing in soil with totally organic nutes anymore?

There used to be some legends on overgrow before the rapture, but what about here? I haven't really

been on the forums for a long while, but it's the one thing that seems to have dropped off. Tom...are you still around? I had a feeling you might have been into it. Don't get me wrong, I love the bio setup, but having just gotten half way through a tomato grow in soil (Black Russians) and tasting them makes me wonder about doing an organic soil grow for old times sake. Or is that old timers sake? So if anyone's doing it, hows it going for ya?

Cheers, and hi to the old timers, good to see things still growing.

Vaz

High Wassily.

I'm doing my research and prep for what will hopefully be my very first grow. Plan on growing organically and indoors in an old wardrobe that I have and hope to kit out successfully. lol

I'm not worried about the length of time it takes to grow (apparently mj takes longer to mature when grown organically) but I like the idea of using what nature has provided.

I am in the process of getting all the bits together to build a worm farm for the castings and the worm wee as I have known that plants just generally LOVE this stuff and I want to try it out with mj. lol

My potted garden (most of which I have killed thru neglect) will love me for the worm poo n wee too!

I HOPE! lol

yeah i still use the dirt

nearly every grow i have 1 in some soil

feeds it some fish emulsion and budjuice

if me girls outside make the ground thay gets all the natural goodness

imo sometimes better than potttin mix

dirt isd cool but takes that bit longer

i enjoy workin with coco coir

bil

Heya Bill. I'm planning on using fish emulsion on my first grow too.

What dilution rate have you used in the past? I'm thinking 6mL per liter of water should be ok, but am interested in hearing what others say. lol