Gonna Make Some Butter

So, got some fresh trim from a mates hydro crop, two kilos of it, so gonna make some butter from it soon. probably gonna get about a kilo or so of butter. Then have to make some cookies later tonight. Going to take some photos of the process so I'm going to post them here later, and some test results of the potency of the butter. Last time we made some from the same leaves, two cookies really knocked you over :peace:

Till later :peace:

LMAO no sign of Macster, probably glued to the couch somewhere.

been waiting till he posts to ask a question as I decided to make some butter(500grams) after reading this thread, now I'm getting hungry checking out all the recipes!

Was wondering if it's ok to remelt the butter again once it has cooled overnight? I had to use a big square tupperware container to sit the mix in the fridge and when I've drained the water off I'm left with lots of chunks and little grains of butter?

I thought that by remelting it would also get some more water off before molding a small 250gram block to keep? Which I was also thinking of cooling in the freezer this time instead of the fridge now that 99.9% of the water has gone?

Got a pic, but want to see what Macster puts up first.

Earth to Macster, come in Macster

I don't bother moulding it into blocks just wrap it in gladwrap in 100g lots measured to the nearest chunk and store in the freezer. I find 750g is a good amount of butter to use because you end up yielding about 500g finished product for 5 lots of around 100g which is a good amount to split em up into cause thats about the amount you use for the average cake or batch of cookies. :peace: