poppies

i need all the info on poppies that i can get i just ordered 2 packs of each white and blue seeds from bouncingbearbotanicals.com but know very little any info would be apreashiated there seems to be very little from the searchs i have done only decent sites i found were govt sites and i dont truely trust them not to leave something out or change a very important factor i want to do them with a recirculating system 250 watt hps is the only light i have right now so thats what they will be under but what ph do they need what are common problems with them how much light whats there root structure look like how long does it take the to grow to maturity going hydro not soil :thumbsup: lol

I found poppies need a cool spell before they germinate... so if its too hot for them they wont germinate untill the next year. Poppies are so easy to grow its not funny... ive only ever seen white and pinky/red flowers.. theres an oriental poppie that is yellow which is ok.. but not as strong as the white and reddish flowers...

when they are finished thier flower cycle.. the petals will drop off and leave a bulb.. opium poppies have a massive bulb.. about an inch in diameter...

now when the flower has lost its petals.. to milk.. Which is illegal in australia.. you need to cut in a sweeping diagonal.. across the veins of th bulb.. 3-4 cuts about 2mm apart is the way to go... so just tape 3 or 4 razor blades together, leaving a 2mm gap.. and cut.. dont cut too deep.. only about 1-2mm.. you will see the whitish brown milk start to ooze... make 3-4 cuts around the bulb.. and just leave for about an hour... once its stopped oozing.. which will take about 15 mins... but wait for an hour to let it crystalize a little.. get another razor blade and scrape clean... there ya have it.. smoke away..

opium is highly addictive.. and I would reccomend that you never try this... its all good and well.. untill your addicted then youre fucked...

ive done this for 3 years... I had to move to get away from it... once you plant opium poppies you will NEVER get rid of them..

good luck

yes, everything that SS mentioned is spot on.... :thumbsup: but I leave it to dry for at least a day b4 collecting & smoking....a bit easier to handle then. the red strain I've got is crap, pink/purple/white is much better :toke: also the bigger the plant, the more flowers/resin it produces lol not just the seed pods bleed either, as it were....nick the stems...pull tips off leaves...they ooze everywhere :peace:

:peace:

Slayer

im not a huge opium fan i just like to add a little bit to my bowl for flavor and a little of the effect found out i can get way to fucked out of my mind with it only times i will use it are when i have a nice fat sack a bottle of absinthe to go with it also im going hydro so i wont have to worry about them taking over my yard does anyone know what ph they need to be and could i just use rockwool

i take it you mean they need constant moisture any other advice

well shit the site went down www.poppies.org

well last night i threw a few seeds n a few pots and they are sitting in my room they are in soil im going to do a soil and a hydro grow full of all kinds of goodies

i want to make a saliva divinorium blotter paper kinda like lsd style consumption method not sure if it will work but its something to grow and a nice organic chemistry idea

i cant grow pot right now not till i have my own place

any other ideas for legal psychoactive plant to put in my garden

im in the usa

by the way by the way they are in 8 peat pots with mirical grow seed starter 1/4 cup tap water any comments welcome and wanted

never done this b4 only thing i have ever grown is pot and its hard to fuck that up

cant say that iver tried to grow them underlights.. so I am not sure of the light hours you should be keeping.. I would say its pretty simular to MJ.. but down here in the hot ozzie sun they grow like wildfire naturally with no help at all... like an obnoxious weed...

would be good to see how you go with them...

oh and just out of interest... HOW the fuck did you get that score on tetris..:doh:.. I cant even break 10000...