My Clones Look Sick

Cheers guys. SukonmiSkunk, I wish I had read your tute before hand, it's very good. Instead I used one I found on google.

So I'm going to keep foliar feeding these guys and see if they hang in there.. but I also want to take a few more clones in case these ones die. The mother plant has been under 12/12 for 5 nights now, do you think it will be ok to still take cuttings from her? I read it isn't good to take cuttings when in flowering.

Also, I too thought the holes in the cubes were too large, but they were already there when I bought them. I'll have to buy some more and put my own hole in it with a skewer.

Does anybody think it would be a good idea to use an eyedropper to put a few more drops of the rooting gel into the holes in my rockwool cubes of my current clones? Dunno if this would help them or not..

Or is it even worth pulling them out, re-dipping the ends in rooting gel and sticking them into a new, smaller hole? I'd really like them to survive :thumbsup:

Thanks again.

Edited by bughouse loco

what I do is mix a little clonex into some rain water .. about 20ml per liter.. not a real lot.. just enough to colour the water.

as the cubes dry out I use big srynge and just use this mix to keep the cubes moist...usually only about 10ml per cube every 3-5 days.. if they get to wet you can just give them a light squeeze.. but be careful so as not damage what ever new roots have developed... they should be right.. and a little roughing up does them good and makes them strong...

closet grower,

becuase the clones dont have any roots the only way to get sustinance is through the leaves... as the clone starts to root.. youll have the biggest leaf start to die.. this is a sign that the clone is needing nutrients... as its draining everything from the leaves.. a successfull cloning shouldnt have any leaves die at all... although once rooted and ready to plant they are probably best to trim off

they dont need a lot nutrients just enough to keep the leaves green

plants can feed just as much through the leaves as they will through the root system.. and in some cases is the fastest and only way to correct a nutrient difficiency... every grower should make foliar feeding a regular part of the grow cycle.. the plants will do fantastic with out it.. but so much better for it...

Interesting ,,, I thought you were supposed to mist cutting Does the misting make them feed through the leaves rather than force them to make roots?
all depends on the humidty in the dome ive tryed the following

sprayed daily rooted in 3 weeks

sprayed every few days rooted in 12 days

sprayed once at the start rooted in 6 days

all in rock wool cubes and for some reason i seem to get a crap load more roots and there fuckin thick and pure white when i put a drop of rooting gel into the cube aswell as swirl the clone in the solution for 30 seconds each (time consuming but worth it)

Ok, well I pulled out all the clones, none had even started to root. So I rewet the same rockwool cubes and then flicked out the excess water and made a new hole in each with a toothpick (the new hole is not centred though, as there is already a big hole in the middle).

I trimmed the bottom of each stem off under water, then dipped it in rooting gel and stuck it in the new smaller tighter hole. Then pulled it out, re-dipped it and stuck it in again. I've got them back under cover so hopefully the humidity will build up and they might be ok... will let you all know.

If they don't make it I'll take some more and follow your tute SukonmiSkunk.

Peace!

how are they looking today?

i wouldnt flick cube atm, or pull plant from cube just yet, plants arent doing well but are alive.

start be drying the cube alittle, rest cube on a pile of kitchen paper until rock wool feels light but still moist about 20seconds, dry rock wool will be a different colour to a saturated cube. Only time you water a clone in rock wool is when cube feels light and looks dry normally foliar sprays are enough in a sealed crib.

Adding alittle hormone and nute to your feeding would help but get the cubes dry first for 24hours , No more than 1/4 strength nute and only fed 20ml of solution per cube every second day more if cubes are drying in heat of a big light less if cubes are still wet after two days.

all depends on the humidty in the dome ive tryed the following

You bet,... not a pleasant site seeing clones covered in mold

sprayed daily rooted in 3 weeks

sprayed every few days rooted in 12 days

sprayed once at the start rooted in 6 days

one spray with a H202 solution, good idea

1/4 strength nutes once roots have started, good idea

Ok, well I pulled out all the clones, none had even started to root

Yep lol

G'day all,

Just giving you an update. One clone has started to grow roots!

I've been keeping them in an esky with water at the bottom, but the rockwool cubes are elevated on an ice cube tray (also with a little bit of water in it) to keep the water off the rockwool. I've kept a clear lid on the esky to keep in the humidity, which I take off a few times a day. I have a compact fluro on top of it on 24/7. I've also been misting (both the cube and the leaves) every 1-2 days with a weak nute solution with a tiny but of cloning gel in it. I have also trimmed all the leaves back quite a lot.

So yeah, one clone now has two roots protruding from the cube. Hopefully the others will soon do the same.

I assume I have to wait for lots more roots before putting the cube into soil? And when it does go into soil, is there anything special I should know/do? Do I bury the top of the cube to be at the same level as the soil?

Thanks again for all your help people :scratchin:

Peace!

Edit: I forgot to mention, I noticed some green colouration on a couple of the cubes. Mold? I ripped it all off though..

Edited by bughouse loco