A Story of some techniques

123abc

I done some travels X amount of Years ago (not too long ago) and enterd into the Northern Sub-sections of Loa and met some French Older Farmers.. They were growing Pure Land Races (Cambodian/Many Thais/ Vietnamese/ Loa and some other Dutch East Indies and Philpino Strains.. and they had some of those mixed with Nepali/North Indian/South Indian and Some Burmese (with there mixes).. and managed to get some indicia mixs with the North Indians/Afghan)

Now that was just a minor point this was remote some where in the many hidden un developed valleys that one could never remmber where.. just all looks the same Fertile Valleys with Rich Soil and heavy Rain..

I watched them do coverd grows of a few fields

large low of the ground (4 meter starting top slope.. and then dug lower into the ground) slope similar to coathanger plastic structures.. that just use enough to catch the rain and not wet the plants.. in steady the rain was carried of to a mini man made coverd fake pool kind of under ground resovoir.. which they mixed with other things to pride a water kinda auto feed (spray) system which was now powerd by a an array of 4x of what i suspect 20-50w solar panals and pumped water every one-2.5 days .. a mixture of rich soil and other compost techs with worms and hay coverd.. i know a good combo of dry coconut and some palm fibres were uses.. and a very interesting cloth techniques.. one was how at times the would put errect bamboo cloths over to trick the pant and another was how they burried and used a cloth based water distribution system

they had layers and layers of cut up cloaths mixed on the top part of the top soil with the hay on top but not too much had another mulch.. un known to me (suspect chopped up wood or who no's).. But there out door set up were started in a hot house in another part of the country and brought to be planted there.. was a very prime location because any part of the year it got a rough 12-14 hour cycle because of the valley and mountain cliffs but very good humid retention and good clear tropical sun!

Some of these 10-13 foot tree's (sativa Bushes) had HUGE BUDS and the smoke was no less potent.. and they even had seeds.. males were grown and then dried (very little.. for genetics..seeds) and also to make part of a dry leaf mixing herb and other uses.. we all know hemp has..

I was wondering how viable is the australian climate for something similar??

Just out of curiosity to what some of these guys were growing for buds how these new Commercian Genetic Strains would do..?? the altitude was pretty high up too.. around 600-900 meters above sea level

I Suspect everything was organic and no chem . but it was amazing the power and amount of effect these pure land races have..done outdoor and in such massive bushes and massive quantitys.. i could swear no less than 10 pounds of a single plant

they were BUSHY and grew tall

i think topped a few times

----

simple yet effective techniques by older french and asian farmers to get some of these outstanding genetics that they claim made half of the so called Quebec Gold Strains that are also mixes of these things and South American/African Strains.. that only the french posses info to

i was quite shocked to be honest .. and can only imagine the power of these if sensimella (or not mated) but this was a low maintance prime op.. not to provide to greedy over tolerated hippies but to a general populace and generate income and trade/barter.. while still retaining that BiG BanG..now can any body shed any Logic into how cloth shreds and other things can improve grow./water

:peace:

i know this is not a question or a story.. just a general topic i wanted to share.. any typing mistakes mind me im stoned on some city'dro..

Hey thanks for the good read mate

I have never heard of the cloth trick??

Her's one I heard but can't vouch for, maybe you have seen this in your travels?

Apparently some Thai sticks were stored/cured in clay? jars at a certain depth in the ground,

that encourages a certain microbe to feast on parts of the vegetive matter, leaving the resin, which is one explanation why Thai Sticks were so powerful

i have came across a Square (rectangle block) maybe about as big as a Pencil Eraser.. Black- Very Black.. very little vegetive matter

To a newbie could be confused for a block of hash..from the outside it looked like it was only resin.. This Stuff Knocked you about and did it for a good 6 hours.. I once Rolled up a joint.. in over eager ness rolled another and got 1/4 of the way threw it before i felt like throwing something else up.. it passed to leave me Red Eyed and stupid till the next day...

That was one i got in the second biggest city in Thailand (up in the north) called Chiang Mai.. 500 Baht it cost me (15 or so Aussie)..

I know that in many asian and indian cultures.. Clay pots are used to store spices and plants .. and are mainly dug under ground OR in himalayan regions stored in Caves..(away from light).. Remmber Kathmandu is a Valley inbetween the highest mountains in the world and it may not look close to the Equator/Tropics But it is closer than Brisbane or Miami :thumbsup:

I think the cloth technique would be used kinda like a water crystal.. but it must have been done in a perfected way that not to cause Mold and Rott to the fibres with that amount of moisture and heat and other things.. It was very interesting and i am not rude enough to ask a man his secrets other than what he shows me to let my intelligence work out..

yeah ev.. i no what u mean when u are down south.. its hard to leave But for me i felt like after a while it was a big tourist trap or starting to happen..

I generally dont like Europeans and Yanks (or other aussies) who think throwing around their currency makes them king- Thats why i made a move to try up north and ill tell you what.. The Amount of Variety of Weed In thai.. its similar to India in the fact that its geographic location covers a very large foot print.. That Equals = VERY GOOD WEED but dont get me wrong i smoked some utter crap in thai from people who have no idea what there doing or from hill tribe people..

But if u nail a source and its good - Wow is all i can say..

As for the Loa people.. They are natural people of the land.. and with the French input they have some very good weed and ideal growing climates

Bill- Beans.. i have a total of about 14 beans i collected but im sure some will not germinate

i suspect.. 2x are from the Thai Black Sticks

3x Loa/Burmese Mix Sativa Strain

2x Burmese/ThaixNepali/North Indian (indica)

and the others are just random good weed i smoked.. i havnt dared to crack these open yet as no time and at that stage lack of outdoor growing expertise.. To my dred a couple of months back i found my little container missing (it was a AA 4x Rechargeable Battery Case) . upon further investigation a family member had taken it to put to use (Dig Cam) and later told me they found nothing but a few "pits" and empty'd them out in some newspaper somewhere (which is not a mystery).. i am hopeful at the least to find this one of these days.. if the newspaper was not a throw off for Rubbish Bin to avoid a angry confrontation =(

As for visiting those farmers.. haha VERY Unlikly- it was a with a friend who is involved in an illicit trade of Golden Cresent and Triangle Activitys and of non anglo back ground.. it was more a meeting of chance than anything else.. but i hear places like this are not overly rare in Loa.. BUT REMBER LAND MINES ARE EVERYWHERE so you have to be carful (not as much as cambodia)

I hope to make a Trip in 07 with more of a Land Race Collecting Mentality then i did before.. it was one of those missed opputunities you look back and think why didnt i do more with it thenn.. *Older and Wiser is the saying*

Tell me.. iff in a hypothetical Situation.. people were to collect Land Races from Around the World.. these would be the basis of a true seed bank?

Tell me.. iff in a hypothetical Situation.. people were to collect Land Races from Around the World.. these would be the basis of a true seed bank?

Absolutely

Next trick is to breed them successfully :thumbsup:

I won't even try and make out I understand breeding procedures, but it's not impossible.

I have 10 Pure Thai seeds here I got off a guy in America, my plan is to polinate every female with every male for the first round, to keep as much variety in the gene mix as possible. After that I want to hone my selction skills which really means finding the right male or even two,...

I could go on but basically the point I'm trying to make is it would require a breeding plan and a lot of room to keep the gene mix both healthy and potent

Ok i spoke to my Vietnamese Friend today and he told me that they use cloth or before hemp fibre nets or other things (like older sails etc) into the ground just above the soil layer upper bits underneath is worms but also mix with coconut and improved soil (with local power ferts).. and the Cloth does add work as a mulch water holding air passing.. evaporation protection and possibly nuetient burn/clusters-- and is generally removed dug out or poked a little at the top during flower time

helps shock the plant too then a another soil compost/syrup is added.. they say it naturally sweetends the budz- maybe possibly a technique they took with them to california to make the famous california sex strawberrys..

Good luck with the beans 123abc, hope they germ for ya.

I've smoked in all those countries cept Laos. Good times, funny stories :peace: (mostly) Definitely grab some landrace sati beans from the region if you can mate. lol

Very interesting about the material mulch.

Remember seeing huge plants growing in rows along the mekong, wonder if they use the same practice.

Have fun, travel safe. Watch out for those bloody mines :thumbsup: