One part nutrient

Well it's nothing earth shattering, I've just been watching what's been coming back into the res, and figuring out the best way to deal with it.

At the moment, and this will change next round, I have 5 x 8 litre pots with drip trays sitting in a crate draining directly into another crate.

There is an inch layer of hydroton on the bottom of the pots and 1/4 inch perlite on top of that *First rough level of straining.

I kept the drip trays with the idea that as the heavier lumps of sand and grit come out of the coco, they would hopefully just collect in the bottom of the drip tray and the nutrient would trickle slowly over the edge of the drip tray(sort of like a gold dredge idea) and run through a hole in the bottom of the crate back into the res * 2nd level of straining

After only those 2 steps the amount of coco coir sitting in the res was next to nothing,... I had a spare pump, so I'm thinking, lets see how much of a problem this tiny amount of coco is going to be for a pump that is designed to sit in an outdoor pond with all sorts of crap falling into the water.

I am still waiting for the pump to shit itself after 2 weeks veg 4 weeks flower, but I am reasonably confident now that it isn't a drama.

The feed line is 12mm back to 4mm and each plant gets 2 x 4mm lines, I've had one piece of coco partially block one line all grow

ph has been steady and hardly drifts

EC was rising slightly initially but settled nicely now

Soooo next round I am just going to add a filter, probably something as basic as pantyhose fitted over the drain and I think it will be pretty reliable as far as any pump problems go.