One part nutrient

Seeing as there is always much discussion on nutrient mixes/problems etc, thought I'd post a link to

the Flairform web site with a bit of info on it's one part nutrient, Green Dream. It has some interesting info on why calcium and magnesium are often needed with some brands of nutrient, and a few other things like why people can run into probs with 2 part mixes plus lots of interesting hints you can link to to help explain all types of hydroponic issues

Green Dream

http://www.flairform.com/Products/Greendream.htm

Their hints page

http://www.flairform.com/hints.htm

Bit of blurb from a chemist

http://www.flairform.com/Products/chemist.htm

Yes it is their sales pitch but it makes for a relatively easy read if your trying, as I always am, to understand the how's and why's of hydro

Edited by bufo marinus

Yeah I've been using it for the first time and I like it, funny it does make the plants seem greener too!

It's a little bit dearer than the 2 part mixes

It is performing beautifully in coco as well as hydroton

Good buffering = less phosphoric acid

Only thing I've found a bit of a drama is trying to run it at the EC level recommended on the bottle

Hydro dude tells me he gets lettuces with leaves like leather

I'll definitely be trying it at some point I reckon....those guys at Flairform seem to have a tremendous reputation....bloke at a near rural supplies place said these guys were talkin to him about hydroponic/ water culture systems over 30 years ago.....

gotta get me some of that good medium too for next grow..ever used fytocell...been recommended highly by a grower using the same system as myself.

What's with the EC level issue bufo....I'm getting my first Bluelab this week, and am keen to hear experiences on EC issues...

Cheers

Fytocell! Isn't it mad shit! No I haven't used it but I have seen it in use at the hydro shop,... hydro dude loves and recommends it,... I can't see how the hell it works, looks like it stays too wet, but it does the job all right. I'll be very interested to hear what you think of it

The EC issue? It sais on the bottle to run mature plants at full strength between 1.7 - 2.6, that is a bit high for the current strain I'm playing with, I was trying to push the 2.2 mark but have settled for between 1.6 - 1.8 with the coco.

The Bluelab truncheons are great, I've had an EC one a few years now and liked it so much I went and bought the new ph truncheon,... they are very reliable, you are making a good investment

One thing I'll quickly add is that I am recirculating the Green Dream in the coco so maybe running to waste with a decent weekly flush might be able to run a little higher EC? Am also using Fulvic Acid too to give them every chance to take up nutes, plus a squirt of H202

I'd love to hear how others are doing with it too

hey there

i think coco is beter suited to run to waste mate

id be interested in tryin the greendream in a dwc come winter

i too use fulvic acid :scratchin: its a necesaty imo

wat brand are u using ???

wat sizes does it come in and how much ?? only if ya know off top of ya head

dont search out specifically for me

the only 1 parts ive used is well Miricle grow and similar powdered nutes

but in the liquid form im trialling nulifes "bush master""

thanks for the link ill check it wen i can

saty safe

bil

Hi bil, yes I agree with you on the run to waste,... I'm actually being a tight arse and don't want to buy a digital timer , so I've made a rod for my own back trying to perfect a recirculating setup, which when you think about it should be straight forward as coco should just another medium, it's coming along quite well and I've a few good ideas I want to try next round.

The Fulvic is from Growth Technologies, good company

I think from memory 5litres of fulvic is $10 dearer than 5litres of green dream, but wow, veg growth is awesome.

Comes in 1 and 5 litres