so guys and gals

wat do u think will give me the best lighting for me area

producing a healthy yield without having too much light

i appreciate ya thoughts and ideas guys

so please be honest and dont be shy

take care

peace

billo

2x400 would be the best option I reckon. As it would provide more light than a single 600 and would provide more even coverage. A single 400 is a bit underpowered for that space.

However the heat is the governing factor and it varies so much from setup to setup as it depends on ambient outside temps as well as the construction of your house/room. A brick house with a tiled roof will be a lot cooler in summer than a timber house with a tin roof. And if part of your house (not necessarily the grow room part) has an airconditioner that will make a difference as well.

Also the configeration of your ventilation can make a big difference and depends on things like if you are extracting from the top of your cabinet or direclty from the light hoods (or both). Also if you are extracting to outside the room where your intake fan is positioned it will be a lot more effective as your'e not recycling hot air. Also an intake fan or two can make a big difference over passive intakes.

Its impossible for anyone to be able to take all the variables into consideration and work out for certain what ventilation will cope with what lights for your situation so at the end of the day it just has to be trial and error.

you probably know all this already billo I'm just stating for general info.

anyway, IMO 2x400 would be the go if you think your ventilation is up to the job. lol

im probably gunna go the 600 in the chinaman for the summer

i can get creative over winter and try the 2 x 4oow

and ill try with direct extaction from the bulbs

shes all comin together guys

before i know it ill be growin again

thanks for the help guys

bill

please if any1 else has any other input please dont be shy

cause if i dont use the info im sure some one will find it handy

thanks again guys

heres a room ... 1200X2400 with 2 600 watt sunmasters, 1M chinahat...

you can go the 2 400's as that will crank... with excellent results.. but for a 600 over the same space will get fantastic results too with absolutely no heat issues.. and the the buds right on the edges are just as chunky as the ones closer to the light...

this bud is the farthest away from the light.. and one of the chunkiest in the room...

this crown is inbetween the 2 lights... chunky as... certainly no quality lost here...

up to you.. summer is here.. for a winter grow.. if youre in a real cold part of OZ you could go for the 400's.. as the extra heat would be welcome...

the thing is.. a decent 600 puts out almost twice as many lumins as a 400... and are about the same price to run...

lol Hey Billo, I have used a 400w with a chinaman hat in an area of 1.2 x 1.2 which worked ok. The rule of thumb I normally use is 40w per sq ft, so a 600w would be much better imo if u can controll the heat. I used a 400 because I didn't have a 600.

:bleh: Without Co2 enrichment there is little gained by exceding 40w per sq ft in my exp.

ok guys

got the light in there 1 x 600w hps in a 1000w chinaman shade

1 exhaust

yet to mount the other exhaust and 2 inlet inline fans

as u can see ive put an exhaust in under the shade

ill also run a 200mm 1 in the roof cavity

with the shape of the shade it doesnt leave a great deal of room for the air to get to the standard exhaust set in the ceiling :scratchin:

the 250 mm lenco exhaust make s some noise

im gunna put a pot on the back of it so i can later run 300mm ducting

hopefully muffling the noise a bit

so i have in there so far

1 x female black domina lst in searles potting mix with 30% perlite

1 x bubblegum in 50/50 coco perlite with 2 inch perlite in bottom

the light is 70 cm from the top of thew plants

and im pushing 28 c atm

will get more photos up as i add stuff

thanks for ya help guys

bil

post-8244-1165095379_thumb.jpg

heres some more shots

just did 45 mins of lst

tied up and ready for the fial 10 days of vege

then ill fip em 12/12

sadly the bubblegum wont be as productive as the domina

i dont have the time to lst her so ill just play her by ear i reckon

weigh her down if shes shooting off to far

the good thing is i can still lay her down and grow the bgum vertically

i would just like about 5 more nodes in height

18/6 turns off at 10am and back on at 4pm

peace

billo

commensing an intence foliar feeding test today

foliar feed every otherday and once a week with nitrozyme

post-8244-1165100034_thumb.jpg

post-8244-1165100134_thumb.jpg

post-8244-1165100179_thumb.jpg

you need to have the exhaust as high in the box as possible.. having it there will NOT work... as well, if at all... you still have all the hot air above the shade...having the exhause there is just dragging that hot air to the lower levels... and wont be effective at all... you need to have the inlet holes BELOW the pots.. at the LOWEST point in the room... and the exhaust at the highest points ... this way you wont have ANY dead spots as you will be getting above the shades with it like this... hot air rises.. and needs to be taken from the hottest part of the room... thats above the shades...

you will have issues... id be changing it NOW while you can.. becuase when the room is full... you cant do fuck all about it... you will get mold...

check in the growing techniques forum... look at my setting up a recirc system... thers some pics there of my room with 2 x 600... have a GOOD look.... position of intake and exhaust points are very important to make your room run efficiently... with the right positiong of fans you can eliminate the need for an oscalating fan...moire grow space... as the inlet air and the exhaust air will create a positive turbulance with in your grow box... stirring all the air around... no dead spots...

trust me when I say this.. Ive installed air cond and air extraction systems for over 20 years...